PDA

View Full Version : I finally let go and took DD to get her first haircut!

sugarsnappea
03-11-2004, 05:31 PM
After listening to DH call her a ragamuffin one too many times, I took JG to the "beauty shop" for her first trim. She is 33 months old and I still had a hard time with it. She was so ladylike and smiled at herself in the mirror the whole time. I was a wreck, taking a zillion pictures and getting into everyones way. She is such a big girl now! :)

Hallie_D
03-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Congratulations! I was also a wreck taking DS for his first haircut (it was at about 14 months). He's been twice since and every time I'm nervous. Mostly because he has red hair that looks like it is coming in blond in the back and I'm afraid all the red is going to be cut out. So far it has been ok...but I'm waiting for the day that he is happy about it.

Did you save any of her hair? I took DS to a specialty place that only does kids, so they made up a little certificate and put a few of his locks into an envelope for me.

Kate888
03-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Ooh...I know exactly how you feel! Maya didn't get her first haircut until a few days before her second birthday. I was so sad to see her wavy baby hair go. But I forgot to take any pictures, because I was trying to distract her, so the stylist could get a straight line for her bangs. And the whole haircut took only 3-5 minutes!

Don't they look completely different after the real haircut :) Way to go JG!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02