PDA

View Full Version : Help with crib tent - should I get the old or new version???

nigele
03-22-2004, 12:29 PM
We went shopping for a crib tent yesterday and noticed they have an updated version. The new one has mesh that goes all the way down to the mattress on all four sides. I decided to buy the new version (thinking "new and impoved" must mean better) but once we got home, I realized it won't allow me to use the crib bumpers. I don't want to get rid of the bumpers. I feel they make the crib cozy and help when Tom hits his head, legs, arms against the side of the crib. I called the company and they said I could use the older version of the crib tent with bumpers. Now I'm not sure which is the best choice. Can anyone offer advice?

TIA!

mamahill
03-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I like the bumpers in Ainsleigh's crib as well, so I'd probably go for the older version. Is the tent such that the mesh can't go down the outside of the rails? Just because the newer version is updated, doesn't mean the older version isn't good too! Sometimes I wish I had bumpers... ;)

nigele
03-22-2004, 09:10 PM
:-) I do have one bumper on my bed - DH! He's pretty cozy but I really wish my bumper didn't snore.

I tried the new version today and it is one piece so it HAS to be installed with the mesh inside the crib. I considered cutting holes in the sides so I could thread the bumper strings through but decided that would look bad. I think I should exchange it for the older version. What a pain!