PDA

View Full Version : Poor Matthew got his leg caught in the crib...AGAIN!

MelissaTC
03-26-2004, 01:05 AM
This kid is always getting his leg caught in the crib. Well, he was trying to climb out, slid and got his leg caught. I couldn't get it out. I almost freaked. DH had to come upstairs. Matthew was screaming hysterically, I had visions of firemen running through my disaster of a house, and DH had trouble getting it out. He finally did. Matthew's leg was so red! Now it is just bruised.

The irony of this story - we discussed not 10 minutes earlier that we should perhaps hold off on purchasing a toddler bed. HA! TRU, here we come with our coupon!

nigele
03-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Melissa,

We just bought a Crib Tent. They've redesigned it so the mesh covers the crib slats to prevent the child's arms and legs from getting caught. We've installed it and I think it would be a great solution for you. Let me know if you'd like to come over and check it out.

Here's a link to their web site with a photo:

http://www.cribtent.com/tots/

BTW, thanks so much for the Preschoolians measuring device - we can't wait to see Matthew's new shoes!

ChicagoMama
04-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Melissa,

This may be a bit out of date, as you may already have the toddler bed, but here's a quick fix for stuck legs if this happens again. Shelby got her leg stuck in a metal shopping cart in September last year - that was also no fun. I too had visions of firemen cutting the cart off of my baby. A quick-thinking store manager ran for some baby oil, and that did the trick. So, anything you have at home that would serve as lube would work - butter, margarine, cooking oil, etc. Her leg slid right out.

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

MelissaTC
04-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the tip!

We are slowly transitioning to a toddler bed. But he is still sleeping in the crib (we are going full force once Grandma and Grandpa leave!) so I may need the baby oil!

toomanystrollers
04-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Melissa,
Liquid hand/dish soap does the trick :) If you get baby oil, be sure it has a child-safe cap - it can be fatal if it makes its way into baby's lungs.