PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Wiggles Concert

shall85296
04-05-2004, 05:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been to the wiggles concert that is currently touring the western U.S.
We have tix for the end of this month.
If anyone has been I'm wondering what songs they sing - are they the new or old ones - or a good mixture. Also, how old is your child, and how did they do?
My fear is that my son loves certain songs ( not many of the new ones), and he will become disinterested @ the concert.

Thanks!
Stacy

trumansmom
04-05-2004, 07:30 PM
We saw them last summer. DS was about 20 months old and had a blast! And this was smack in the middle of his usual nap time! My brother and SIL just took their 2 kids (ages 2 and 4.5) last week to the show in Salt Lake City, and they both enjoyed it, but the older one enjoyed it more than the younger. (They chalked it up to the fact that she was potty training and held it in for 4 hours!!)

The concert I saw was a good mix of older and newer tunes. They also go out into the audience a fair amount. DS clapped along and seemed to enjoy even the songs he didn't know.

Make sure if you go to take roses for Dorothy, bones for Wags, and do a poster!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

cma
04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
DD has become quite the Wiggles fan. She saw them on a tape at the Peds office a 2 months ago and since then we've been borrowing tapes/DVDs from the library every week.

So softie as I am, I jumped at tickets for their show next week at the HP Pavillion in San Jose.

Bring real roses? And what kind of bones for wags? And posters??

I'm so clueless...the last concert I did something like that was for Duran Duran!!

TIA!

trumansmom
04-07-2004, 10:32 AM
LOL! So you're a newbie? If you can find an artificial rose for Dorothy, that's fine. During the song, "Queen of the Roses" (at least I think that's the name of the song) the Wiggles all go out into the audience and collect roses for Dorothy. If you have one, you're more likely to get a picture with a Wiggle.

Rawhide or stuffed bones for Wags - same reason.

If you make a poster with your child's name (So and So LOVES the Wiggles!), Greg will read it from the stage. Be creative, and if you had a long drive, include where you came from.

And be prepared to have fun. DS, DH and I went with another couple and their DD, and we couldn't believe how much fun we all had.

HTH-

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

cma
04-13-2004, 08:23 PM
We brought all of that stuff to the concert. We gave out bones and roses to the dancers. DD held on to one rose and Murray came by to collect it and took a pic with DD!

We had a blast! Thanks for all the tips!!