PDA

View Full Version : Is Martie a toddler now?

MartiesMom2B
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Oh wise Mommies of Toddlers, I'm calling you for your help!! Has someone switched a flip in my child and she's now a toddler or have I been ignoring the warning signs? These past few days, Martie just seems to want to be more independent. How can this be? I didn't think toddler-hood would start until at least 16 or 18 months.

For example, she won't eat any veggies but squash and has been taking great delight in throwing food (which I've tried to stop by taking the food away). I've even noticed that while, she isn't a full time walker, she wants to walk. She doesn't want to be in the grocery cart or stroller. When I pick her up to hold her she tries to turn around and reach for the ground.

Maybe I'm paying the price for the Wiggle and Baby Einstein videos and Sesame Street and her brain has been pre-maturely re-wired.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

brubeck
04-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Sounds like the beginning of Toddlerdom to me!

But seriously, most Mommies start coming over here when they find that the topics in the Baby Forums are not as relevant to them anymore. So you can call yourself a Toddler Mom if you feel like it, and if not then you can just browse over here.

Welcome to the Independence Years! :)

Kimberly H
04-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Sonia, I joined this board slightly pre-toddler stage (Mia was just starting to stagger around) and I'm really enjoying it. Jump in - the water's fine!

lisams
04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Pull up a seat and hold on tight, you're in for a fun and intense ride (and humbling!!)! I think I would say you have entered the toddler world :-)

Lisa

trumansmom
04-10-2004, 11:19 AM
That's so funny! Both that you think we are wise over here, which is a joke! Nothing like a toddler to make you feel completely incompetent. And that Martie flipped her little switch. That's exactly what happened with Truman. It was MLK Jr weekend 2003 where he went from baby to toddler in 3 short days.

And just FYI, eventually she will ride in the cart again. We gave up on strollers, but now can occasionally make it to Target.

Good luck! And welcome to the Toddler Boards!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

egoldber
04-11-2004, 02:50 PM
I think the transition is gradual, but my realization was sudden, LOL! One day I looked down at her (maybe she was 14 months?) and realized she was NOT a baby anymore.

I look at her now and she seems SOOO big, I can hardly believe it!

MartiesMom2B
04-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Like Helen said, I find myself poking into here, because it seems like Martie has outgrown a lot of the topics on the Baby Bargains except for the lounge. But it's nice to know that I've found everyone that I started out with.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sarah1
04-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey Sonia, I hang out over here too. Audrey is most definitely a toddler now! Audrey went through that phase, too, where she wanted to walk CONSTANTLY. After the excitement of walking wore off, things got easier.

I always thought Audrey was so mellow and easygoing as an infant, but like you said, one day "a flip switched" and she became much more independent and strong-willed. I think it's totally normal and everyone goes through it.

madelinesmom
04-14-2004, 12:54 AM
When exactly does the excitement of walking wear off??? Madeline has been doing it for about two months now and my once peaceful, easy going baby is a walking fool... and if we try to pick her up she stiffens like a two by four and screams like a monster, I will be waiting for the excitement of walking to wear off... Or maybe I will just get used to it!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

Jane
Madeline's Mom
1/20/03