PDA

View Full Version : I got my new Toddler Bargains today!

brubeck
04-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Windsor Peak shipped it out pretty early because I don't think it's supposed to be released until the end of the month. Now if only I can get myself to the post office to return version 1 for a full refund....

Lucia
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I would love to hear your review.

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

brubeck
04-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Well I finished it yesterday, although I have to say I skimmed through the last couple of (small) sections on birthday parties and such. It seems pretty similar to the previous version (I even remember some of the text) but importantly there are updated product reviews including things like the Britax Bodyguard and new strollers.

I think they could have used more updating in the clothing section (Old Navy isn't really THAT cheap anymore) and perhaps mentioned some of the clothing brands that help your toddler look like a child (instead of a hootchie mama/gangsta) such as Land's End or Hanna. In fact they had a section talking about Sears but didn't really talk about Sears' big clearance of LE merchandise twice a year. That's one heck of a bargain!

The new section on water parks is interesting, but limited. They have pages talking about each park but of course none of them are anywhere near me. I think a longer list (half page descriptions?) of more parks would be better.

The important thing however is that as always you get the honest scoop on toddler products. That is more valuable than anything else. You may not agree with their judgements, but the Fields always give you enough information to make your own decision.

atlbaby
04-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Just browsing around (while I should be doing other things) and ROFLMAO at your description of some of the clothing that's out there (hootchie mama/gangsta). Thanks for the laugh!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03