PDA

View Full Version : Bed transition...no one told me it was going to be emotionally hard for me!

MelissaTC
04-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Matthew has slept two nights now in his toddler bed. He loves it. He made us take everything out of the crib and put them in the bed. He also added a few more items so he is basically sleeping with 1 comforter, 1 crocheted blanket, 2 blankies, 5 books, 1 bed pillow, 1 pound puppy (mine from when I was a kid) and some matchbox cars. I don't know how they all fit together in there. This is a toddler bed, after all.

But I guess this transition has been a bit harder for me! LOL. I kept waking last night, worrying about him. He was out cold. I guess it is just having to face the fact that he is going to be two and he is not a little baby anymore. *SIGH* He LOOKS like a boy, ykwim? He doesn't look like my sweet baby anymore. He looks like a sweet little boy. He was dressed in his tevas, and a blue camoflauge short set I purchased from Target the other day, and I swear he looked like a mini frat boy. It just about killed me. It is like I can see who he is becoming and gosh, no one told me it was going to be so hard...LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving every second of this but wow! He has grown up SO fast! :(

brubeck
04-28-2004, 11:18 AM
I was reading your post and looking at the sunglasses avatar you have... he does look like a miniature guy!

I know what you mean though. I had similar feelings when we got Amy a bike a few weeks ago. The day we got it she took off for it and went all the way down the street and around the corner, out of sight (DH was with her). I just got all sad inside thinking that my baby could just take off at high speed without me. She is such a KID! Not even 3 1/2 yet I no longer have a toddler. She is a kid in every sense of the word. Not that long ago I was surprised to have 2 toddlers when Andrew started walking, and such a brief time later I am back to 1.

To help cope, focus on the good things. He is sleeping like a log. He loves his bed. He is happy with life and with you for making it so great. One of these years he will bring you some handmade picture or a clay handprint and say, "Happy Mother's Day!". You have all that to look forward to!