PDA

View Full Version : Jumping off of the toddler passion post, what are your passions?

Lucia
04-29-2004, 06:15 AM
I thought it might be fun to hear about others' interests in addition to being passionate about our kiddos!

I am passionate about traveling, gardening, reading, and being outside (especially near water).I am also committed to community service and believe that we can all make a difference in this world through positive actions.

As a result of my son's recent interests, I have to admit to becoming more "passionate" about construction vehicles and airplanes! :)

And one more passion....dark chocolate!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

Jeanne
04-29-2004, 02:52 PM
I have to admit that my first passion is bargain hunting! And as much as I have champagne taste, I rarely pay full retail for something. It lacks thrill for me!

I also have a passion for painting and decorating. I can paint a room in three hours and don't ever consider it a big deal. And while I'm not a crafty person, my projects lean more toward interior design. I love to fool people with what they think are expensive custom made curtains when in reality, they are dinner napkins hung over a rod! Or find an old good piece of furniture and paint it to look like something from a very expensive catalog.

I love being outside, traveling, and water, water, water! I'd live on a beach if I could!

brubeck
04-29-2004, 05:08 PM
It's pretty sad but lately one of my passions has been bargain clothes shopping for the kids! :)

Before kids I loved computer games, Star Trek and reading. You know, fiction. For fun. Like having 2-3 uninterrupted hours in a row to delve into a new book. Now the only way I'll have 2-3 uninterrupted hours is if I get up in the middle of the night. :(

DH and I are also passionate about foreign travel, and doubly so if it involves a cruise. We're cruising Asia in June and I am so excited. Not only do we get a vacation but I get a 16 hour plane flight (each way) to read! Whoo hoo!

MelissaTC
04-30-2004, 01:47 PM
FOOD! - I love to cook it and I love to eat it! LOL...

Photography & Scrapbooking - I enjoy taking photographs and then using them creatively. I also like other paper crafts like rubber stamping. Making cards, notepads, etc.. is a fun hobby of mine.

Reading - I collect books...LOL. I really like to read although I do not read as much as I used to. Historical romance novels are an addiction, especially novels by Bertrice Small. I LOVE her!

Writing short stories and poetry - I haven't done this in a long time but I do love to write fiction.

Other things I am passionate about : volunteering, being a SAHM, movies, travel and my family :)

brubeck
04-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Ooh I love Bertrice Small too! I love historical novels but hers are so much more vivid! I think I own everything she ever wrote!

redhookmom
04-30-2004, 02:11 PM
I am passionate about my family. I try very hard to be the best Mom and wife I can be.

Since the above does not leave much time for anything else I have become passionate about magazines as I can read them in short spurts. (I like all the ones that get mentioned here: Mothering, Brain,Child, Pandora's Box, Bitch, HipMama, Complete Mother.)

I love photography too. I like to photograph people.

MelissaTC
04-30-2004, 03:15 PM
So I am not the only Skye O'Malley fan...lol. I wish they would make it into a movie. It is such a great story, even without the err...romance. LOL. Catherine Zeta-Jones would be a great Skye. And I don't even like CZJ...

brubeck
04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Actually I find the romance to be the most boring part. Sad to say, I often skip over the sex scenes (okay, she enjoyed it, that's all I need to know, LOL) to get to the actual story.

I like the Skye O'Malley series but I like some of her other novels much better. The Kadin and Love Slave come to mind. The Duchess was also a good one, but my favourite is the one about Zenobia (Beloved?).

CZJ doesn't look Irish to me. Perhaps a younger version of Hunter Tylo? But the real question is who would play Patrick Burke? Pierce Brosnan anyone? :)