PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk fun outside games/songs

mary b
05-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi, now that's it nice outside, I would like to play some fun outside games and sing some new songs.

We play i spy outside all the time but I am interested in hearing of some new games and songs!

TIA,

Mary
mom to Noelle 9/24/01 and Lindsey 9/15/03

Jeanne
05-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi Mary.
Charlotte loves to catch bubbles. We got through them like crazy.

We also have a garden so she goes outside every night with DH and picks tomatoes and basil for me when ripe.

We do scavenger hunts with all sorts of stuff and we do alot of pretent play on her swing set which has a club house.

The baby pool is always good for some time. I don't think I'm going to bother with a sand box though because we go to the beach a lot.

What do you do?

toomanystrollers
05-08-2004, 07:54 AM
My dh came up with the "jeep" game - LOL - sort of like "punch-buggy" but no punching involved. I never realized how many Jeeps are on the road.

Whatelse - we do "bug" hunts. I hide a bunch of plastic bugs outside and the kids get their bug nets out and run around the yard looking for them all.

lukkykatt
05-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Sidewalk chalk is always good (on bath night!). We also do Follow the Leader. And I sing "Bumpin' Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon" when I am pulling the boys in the wagon - they get a kick out of that.

My GF gave us a kiddie croquet set, but we haven't tried it out yet - we are going to look quite posh! Oh, and how about hopscotch?

egoldber
05-09-2004, 03:21 PM
At this point, our outside fun mainly consists of sidewalk chalk and bubbles. She ADORES chalk. We draw on the driveway, we make letters, we draw pictures, we sing all kinds of songs. Sarah's fav these days are the ABC song and nursery rhymes. We draw (poorly) things that relate to the ABCs or to rhymes. She basically carries on a running commentary these days and I just try to keep her going, LOL.

There is a small batch of trees near our home that we call "the woods". We walk over there and look for birds, squirrels and rabbits.

She also likes to ride her tricycle. She has just learned to pedal it by herself, so that is fun. We also just got a small wagon for her to pull and she has enjoys that a few times now.

HTH,

atlbaby
05-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Great thread! Bubbles are huge here, too. Arielle's just recently become able to blow them herself, although she's been into them for a while. It's just more fun for me now, because I don't have to them for her! :) Also, Ring Around the Rosie is a fun game, and the Hockie Pockey (sp?). We don't have a deck of our own, but whenever we go to the ILs I bring out stickers and crayons and Arielle has a blast sitting at her little table and stickering/coloring. We had a good 1/2 hour to enjoy dinner over there last night while she played!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

mamahill
05-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Chalk and bubbles are big here. And, when I don't mind the mess, I give her a small paint brush and a bucket of water. The water makes it look like we're painting on the deck or sidewalk, but it dries quickly and without the mess of regular paint or chalk. It's a good warm-day activity. We also sing ENDLESS verses of Old McDonald. On his farm, at our house, he has camels, trees, airplanes, etc. Ainsleigh makes up their sounds and we sing about pretty much anything we can think of. It makes grocery shopping a breeze (and I'm sure the other shoppers appreciate the music ;) ).