PDA

View Full Version : Naked Baby

himom
05-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Josh has recently gotten into the habit of removing clothing at will. This morning I discovered him in his crib wearing only his pajama top -- he had pulled off his sweatpants and diaper. The night before I had him in a button-down sleeper and he got it off and went back to sleep in just his diaper. (He woke up crying because he was cold.)

I hope I can continue to catch him before he pees all over the place.

I guess there isn't much I can do about it -- he's just learning new things. I am curious to know if anyone else's baby does this, though!

Jodi
Josh's Mama, February 03

raynjen
05-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Yeah, strip-tease was VERY big in our house for awhile :) Of course, now that I'm potty-training DD waffles between "whee, I'm naked" and "Mommy, want clothes!"

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

brubeck
05-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Amy did this at about Josh's age. It was very disconcerting, and I HAD to do something the day I came into the play area while she was napping and saw the big pile of poop on the carpet (next to her discarded diaper).

For a short while it worked to only have her in outfits with a onesie because she had a hard time unsnapping them. When that stopped working we turned the onesies backwards. Zip-up sleepers were also put on backwards (of course this doesn't work if they have feet). I actually did tape the diaper shut one day when I desperately needed a nap myself (I was pg) and Amy was still awake. She managed to pull it off, but not completely.

Eventually we just had to teach her that this is something we do NOT do. We taught her in the same way we taught her not to play with the garbage cans or CDs. And just in case it was some kind of signal we started (MILDLY) pre-potty training and showing her what the bathroom was all about. Of course it turned out not to be a pottying signal but hey, if it had been I would have killed myself to have missed it. :)

mamahill
05-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Ainsleigh isn't doing this yet, but a good person to talk to is blnony (Brianna - Audrey's mom). I think at one point they had to duct tape Audrey's diaper on her. Seriously, I know she was frustrated, but the stories she would tell and the pics I've seen are ADORABLE. Good luck!

Melanie
05-11-2004, 10:03 PM
There was a couple on Dr. Phil yesterday over this same issue! Except that he DID enjoy peeing all over the house.

himom
05-18-2004, 07:17 AM
He stopped taking his clothes off! It's so weird. I tried putting him in clothes that he couldn't get off for a couple of days, then I reverted to his regular clothes. Then it was almost as though he either forgot about it or just lost interest. We haven't had a problem since.

He still takes off his diapers every chance he gets. But then he immediately comes looking for me and gives me a big grin like "Look what I can do!"

Thanks for the stories. It's good to know we are not alone!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003