PDA

View Full Version : Ok, HOW can I keep these dolls dressed?!

atlbaby
05-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I admit, this isn't a pressing issue. But it annoys the heck out of me that I can't keep any of Arielle's dolls dressed for more than 2 minutes! True, it's getting warm now, but the poor things must be so cold just naked in the shopping cart all the time (don't ask, I have no clue why they hang there). I dress them every night after Arielle goes to bed, and first thing in the morning she undresses them again. If I try to "dress them together" during the day she immediately takes their clothes off again. I guess it's more about me than her, since I'm pretty sure that she's not the only 2 year old to like naked dolls. :) But why am I so frustrated by this? Please tell me I'm not the only adult spending a good 10 minutes a night dressing her daughter's dolls!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

brubeck
05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Sorry Rachel, not a lot of advice here, but just be happy for what you have. At Arielle's age Amy was undressing herself and running around naked! You can imagine the mess THAT made (pre-potty training)!

As for the dolls, you could play hardball and SEW them into their clothes. Or would that just encourage her to rip them off? Maybe you could let Arielle bring one on a special car trip (say to Grandma's) but only if she is dressed.

Just a thought!

pamela mom of 3
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Well you know i've had this issue also over the years, i'd "dress" dolly for the night...but after awhile i just gave up, i now just make sure all the dolly clothes are in the bucket their supposed to be in so we can locate them again. My youngest who's 3yrs is the worst for undressing dolls..of coarse he himself loves to be naked }(

I can say though it may get better as they get older, my 8yo for instance had barbie wearing a sunhat yesterday, convincing my almost 5 1/2yo barbie will burn otherwise LOL :D

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

egoldber
05-10-2004, 11:29 PM
LOL, we're in the same boat, as you know. Naked dollies abound here, to the extent that I am re-considering Bitty Baby for her birthday. Sometimes I find that if I dress the doll, she occasionally won't notice and play with her dressed. But most dolls are still naked here, and I usually don't bother to re-dress them.

mamahill
05-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Every now and then Ainsleigh wants to undress her Bitty to change her diaper, but that ends up with Bitty just hanging out naked for the day. When she goes to bed, I re-dress the doll (DH thinks it's funny and that I got the doll for me to play with after Ainsleigh goes to bed. maybe...). It usually takes her another couple days to undress her again. Sorry no help - just that I understand. I don't know what the obsession is. Maybe just look at it as developing her fine motor skills? :D

AngelaS
05-11-2004, 08:16 AM
It's the age. In a couple of years you will spend all your days changing the clothes on the dollies from one outfit to another. For now, enjoy the ease of caring for a naked dolly. :D

In our church nursery, I don't even bother putting clothes in the toddler room baby stuff. The toddlers are happy wrapping them in blankets. The three year old room has all the clothes. :D