PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a toddler who self reports?

Karenn
05-12-2004, 10:06 PM
I always know when Colin's done something he knows he shouldn't do because I'll hear a "No, no, no, no, no" coming from whatever room he's in. A few days ago he discovered the water spout on the refrigerator and has (much to my frustration!) been having a fantastic time with it. For awhile I kept coming into the kitchen to find Colin with his shirt totally soaked! It's getting better though because now at least, as soon as he's wet, I hear the "No, no, no."

So is he just a brutally honest guy, or is this the way of things with a toddler? :)

Melanie
05-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Oh yes, Ds will come and cinfess when he's done something he shouldn't, too. I wonder how that lasts?

newbelly2002
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Dante does the same thing. He'll do whatever he's not supposed to and then shake his head and say: "uh-uh. Dante uh-uh." Or he'll yell at us until we look (if we haven't noticed) and then he'll shake his head.

My guess is that it won't last too long.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

brubeck
05-13-2004, 04:56 PM
You're lucky! If Amy has done something wrong and I ask her about it she will hang her head and not answer or run away. So she's not lying but she's hardly owning up to it, now is she? At least she's quick to say no when it's warranted. :)

nigele
05-14-2004, 02:34 PM
That is really cute. Sounds like he's imitating Mommy and Daddy!

hjdong
05-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Thatis so cute! I wish! I KNOW Jamie is playing with the dog's water when it gets deathly quiet. Luckily, when I come in and catch him, he asks for a towel to clean it up.

akc
05-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi -

Hee, hee! Maeve does this and even takes it a step further. She reports on the anticipated reaction from us! She will say, "Maeve spilled juice. Oh, Mommy sad!" Or, "Maeve go slow upstairs. Daddy say, 'C'mon, Maeve!'"

Does it in all situations - it is too funny!

Alexa

Melanie
05-21-2004, 12:21 AM
I forgot, Dh reminded me, Ds also reports ON US to the other parent. Like when one of us lets him do something he's not supposed to. We think we're being all nice and sleuthy then he will go and tell!