PDA

View Full Version : Strippin' hippies in the summertime...

jojo2324
05-26-2004, 08:44 PM
How do you deal with this??? During the day, it's no problem. But at night, it's still cool enough that I would like for him to wear his PJs while sleeping! In the winter, I know you can safety pin and duct tape various items...What about in the summer? I would think I could safety pin the top and bottom together. But then what about when he tries to take them off and realizes he can't and all heck breaks loose?

Currently he strips in bed, then gets ticked and shrieks because he wants his clothes on. Then I put them back on, and the same thing happens, over and over and over and over....

Kimberly H
05-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Joanne, how about something short that zippers so you can put the zipper in the back? I would Hanna makes something like that and just flip it around.

KathyO
05-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I echo the one-piece-sleeper-with-zippers-in-the-back suggestion. And another angle that we have successfully taken here is to buy her a cheapie junior sleeping bag. She is so taken with her little "cocoon" that she seems much more inclined to stay in it. Conventional covers, on the other hand, just get kicked off. For about $10-15 or so, it may be worth a try!

KathyO

jojo2324
05-30-2004, 10:13 AM
My fear is that once he realizes he can't remove the horrifying articles of clothing, he will scream and yell louder than he already does. This morning I awoke to such noise (at 6:15 no less), and stumbled into his room to find him stark naked. At least he had not made "art" of any sort. :)

So, for now, he goes to bed in a dipe. He runs around all day in a dipe. When I go to bed, I slip some pjs on him. Plus, I already splurged on Hanna pjs (short) and I don't want to spend more $$$ on sleep wear. That he doesn't want to wear. :)

Kimberly H
05-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Joanne, can Gannon put his own shorts on? If so, how about getting him slightly larger PJ bottoms and letting him sleep in those? Maybe he would be satisfied (for a little while) taking them on and off...