PDA

View Full Version : What's your 18 month old's sleep/nap schedule?

teddy
05-30-2004, 11:41 PM
Curious to know which toddlers are still doing 2 naps a day and which are doing one nap a day? And what time they wake and go to sleep each night?

Currently my DD is napping 2 times a day and going to bed around 8:30-9pm (on good days, that is). But later this summer she's signed up for some activities that will interfere with her early nap, which is around 10-10:30am and lasts 1.5-2 hours. I tried doing one nap for a few days last week, but then she caught a cold and was very tired and wanting to nap around 9am. So that plan is on hold for now.

Ideas? Thoughts? Advice? Thanks :)

lisams
05-31-2004, 12:55 AM
DD is 18 1/2 months old. She wakes up at 8ish - give or take a half hour and goes to sleep at 9. She takes one nap 1-3ish. It took a few weeks for DD to really adjust to just one nap. She would get sleepy during her regular AM nap time, so we would either keep busy, or watch a video for a little quiet time, whichever seemed to be best for that day. I must say that I was dreading just one nap, but I am actually really liking having a big chunk of time to get things done.

Maybe you could slowly move up the AM nap until it becomes just one nap sometime around noon?

Good Luck!
Lisa

egoldber
05-31-2004, 10:51 AM
When my DD was 18 months old, she still took 2 naps. She was up at around 8 am, slept from about 10:30 - 12, then from about 3-4:40 and then down for the night around 8. The morning nap definitely interfered with a lot of morning activities, but she was not ready to give it up yet at that time. She took 2 naps until she was 2.

HTH,

atlbaby
05-31-2004, 11:30 AM
When Arielle was 18 months she'd just given up her morning nap. She began to phase it out at about 15 months, but it took a while for her to really drop it altogether. At 18 months she was waking up at around 8/8:30, napping from 2:30-5:30, and going to bed at 8:15.

I had a similar issue with trying to schedule morning activities last year during that 3 month period. I signed her up for a weekly class at 10:45 at our local recreational center and it interferred with her morning nap (which was 9:30-11ish). So out of the 8 sessions we attended about half. The good part for us was that it was such a horrible winter and many of the classes got cancelled for snow days and had to be postponed. By the time the make up sessions occured in late April, she was good to go!

I also noticed that whenever Arielle got a cold, she would nap again in the morning. So you never know, she might be on the road to dropping it but needs extra sleep when she's under the weather.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03