PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else suffering from preschool withdrawl?

lukkykatt
06-09-2004, 09:57 AM
LOL! This is our first full week without school... It is nice having more relaxed mornings, but I am trying to get into the swing of things.

Trying to find activities that are age appropriate for both boys and trying to figure out a new schedule so that I can get my workouts in - just when you think you have everything "down", something always happens! Plus our outdoor time has been limited because my older son doesn't like the cicadas and our patio is being installed (this is the 2nd week) - hopefully both those situations will be resolved next week. It will be nice not to have a bobcat in our backyard anymore (though the boys will miss it).

Anyone else rearranging schedules?

egoldber
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
YESSS!!!!!!! lol....

So much so that I made a last minute decision to enroll her in "summer camp" offered by our preschool. I had not planned to, but during the last week I panicked and called the school and asked if they had any slots still open! They has 2 slots left, so we took one. She will go for 4 weeks starting at the end of June.

MelissaTC
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I think DS is bored. :(

I have been trying to keep him as busy as possible. I think I am going to work on a "summer" schedule, incorporating activities on the days he is used to going to school. For example, we went to story time at the library yesterday morning. (He goes Tuesdays and Thursdays to preschool). We will be going to a friend's house tomorrow. I am basically living by the Carolina Parent, a local free publication that outlines all the month's acitivities in the area. That is how I found out about some really cool things going on...

HTH!

Karenn
06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Yep! We didn't even DO preschool, but I'm missing our school year activities! (Toddler group and MOPS!) Fortunately, both groups have play dates over the summer, but we're still having a hard time finding things to do to keep Colin busy AND drain his energy!

momathome
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Oh, yeah! Not to be selfish here but I miss my free mornings! Kasey is going to do a few weeks of camp at her preschool starting in 2 weeks. She will go 1 week in June, two weeks in July, and 1 week in August. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
-Lauren

mom2kandj
06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Thursday is the last day of school for us! :( The school is trying to keep it really casual.

Our local movie theater does free movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings starting in two weeks. We'll see if that works for us!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

lukkykatt
06-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Our preschool usually does a summer camp too, for 3 weeks in the summer. This year there was not enough interest. Ok, who are these parents not interested in camp??? I'm jealous...

Jeanmick
06-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes, I'm suffering too! I totally know what you mean. We've signed up for swimming lessons (for DD) and I'm starting to make more trips to the mall so the kids can play in the play area when we're tired of playing in the house and in the backyard.

blnony
06-12-2004, 11:48 PM
YES!! We had a two week break before the mini summer term started and I was going crazy.
Luckily, last week started the summer term and then we'll have from mid July to the beginning of Sept. with no school. :(
I don't know if its me or Audrey that misses it more.

Melanie
06-13-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm suffering from preschool withdrawl b/c now all the parents & preschoolers are infiltrating our usual haunts and making them crowded. ;-)