PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant moms of toddlers--how are you doing?

Hallie_D
06-21-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't know about you, but I am exhausted. Being a full-time working, pregnant mom to an active toddler is really taking it out of me! I've been experiencing evening sickness, which is great for hiding the pregnancy at work, but very hard to handle when my toddler wants me and all I want to do is sit still while nibbling on a cracker. My hormones are going crazy...I am crying at the drop of a hat, getting angry at DH for the stupidest things, and did I mention, I'm totally exhausted?

If anyone has any secrets to making it all work, please share them with me. If I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed, please tell me! I guess I'm just looking for a little cyber-hug from someone who is going through the same thing I am--or from someone who made it through the second pregnancy!

Thanks,

ismommy
06-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Here is a cyber hug. I know exactly how you feel. I work fulltime from hoem when Bella sleeps and am exhausted. I am slo getting the evening sickness well all day sickness but worse at night. I keep reminding myself about the burst of energy that comes with the 2nd trimester. Then again I dont remember being this tired with Bella. Well its more than worth it in the end:)
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

Karenn
06-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh Hallie!
I can only imagine how exhausted you must feel! I remember spending the first half of my first pregnancy thinking, "I don't know how a person can have kids and be pregnant at the same time. It's just too much!" This time I wasn't working, and spent the whole first half thinking, "I just don't know how someone can work and be pregnant- it's just too much! " And here you are doing both!

I've had much more engergy in the last couple of weeks- I bet you'll start feeling a little better soon too! Maybe the knowledge of an end in sight makes it more bearable? I hope you're letting the housework go and spending as much time on the couch as you possibly can! I know I often felt guilty for doing that this time around, but now that I'm feeling better, and realize just how awful I was feeling, I wish I'd cut myself a bit more slack!

Hang in there!

(By the way, though I'm feeling more energetic, I'm still crying at the drop of a hat! I'm not sure that one's going to go away until the baby comes!)

cara1
06-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Ditto on everything Karen just said (we are due the same day, after all). It gets better, mostly. But now I'm dealing with picking up a wiggly toddler, and getting sudden Braxton-hicks, or sudden round ligament pain, which makes me almost drop him. But it is definitely easier than in the beginning. And now that i'm showing, DS is taking an interest. It's really cute to see him kiss my belly. I still can't imagine what's waiting for me when this pregnancy is over, however...
Cyber-hugs being sent your way...

bnme
06-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Oh, I feel for everyone. I wish I had relished the luxaries of my 1st pregnancy more!

You don't mention when you are due, but for me the 1st trimester was terrible becuase I was so sleepy. The 2nd wasn't too bad. But now I am barely making it down the final stretch! (I have been plaqued with (luckily) sporatic extreme back pain).

My only advice is to not feel guilty and to try not to over do it on things like housework so you have more energy for your toddler.
I know-nearly impossible. Also, I try and break activities into 1/2 hour increments so I am not doing any one thing for too long.

My situation is different since I am a SAHM -my DS has been watching more TV than I'd like to admit, but I can't hack certain activities some days.

Hang in there

Hallie_D
06-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your support and empathy. I'm in week eleven, so hopefully only a few more weeks of evening sickness to endure. I'm looking forward to increased energy in the second trimester and to telling my coworkers so I can relax a little bit more at work.