PDA

View Full Version : PDA recommendations?

jacksmom0902
06-30-2004, 10:49 AM
I currently have a Palm m505 that I use daily and have had for about three years. I really like it and it actually has all the features I need, I just have the bug for a new one with maybe a bigger screen and more color on my applications (easier for me to see). Does anyone have a PDA that you would recommend? I don't really need one with a digital camera as we have a digital camera and my phone also has a camera.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for a "wallet" or small organizer that will hold my PDA, phone, and wallet items and will fit in my diaper bag? I seem to be doing the diaper bag/purse juggle and inevitably something gets left in the wrong bag.

Thanks!

loewymartin
06-30-2004, 01:18 PM
I just purchased the Palm Tungsten E last week. It has a color screen but not all of the bells and whistles (like a digital camera, wireless etc) that some have. I upgraded from a Palm IIIxe (also 3+ years old!). My old one was starting to have some memory issues (like every time I turned it on it was on the memos page, which I hadn't touched!)

I love the Tungsten E - I can still sync with Outlook, I can put digital color pics of Alia on it :-) and it's smaller than my old one.

As for a organizer - I'm stumped. I had a great one from Fossil that held the old PDA, but it's too big for this one. It had a band holder (no velcro) and since it's thinner it slides out and around. I'm still on the hunt for one.

I've seen some Targus CT9-18766 (on ebags) but it doesn't have a pen holder, just a stylus holder. And the Dopp on ebags too. I like being able to carry cards in there (medical card, dental card, phone card etc) that I don't need/use on a regular basis. I also keep a pen in there so I have one handy, hence I'd like a pen loop of some sort.

Ebags does have many to choose from - and they have all in one organizers that hold money, change, the pda and cell phone!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

cma
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
No recs on the newer PDAs.

But Bagallini makes the **large wallet bag** that would hold your cell phone and PDA and your wallet stuff. I put it in my diaper bag or grab it when I'm slinging DS.

Back then they only came in red or black microfiber. Now they have a rainbow of colors.

And they're on ebags: http://tinyurl.com/2cuor

HTH

jacksmom0902
07-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info. How does your battery hold up for daily use? How often do you charge it? I've read some reviews that suggested that the new PDAs need charging more often, but this may be from folks who are using them for lots of games and music. I think I'm looking at getting the Tungsten E. Now to find the best price!

Thanks so much!

jacksmom0902
07-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the link. Those look like they would hold what I need and I like the color selection. Now to get that new PDA to put in the new wallet bag.

christic
07-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Here's a link to to the PDA section of my favorite product review site:

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/computers/pdas_handheld_computers/index.html

I bought a Sony clie based on their recommendations a year or so ago and have been very happy with it. They've updated the reviews since then though and it seems to no longer be on the list.

Happy shopping!

loewymartin
07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I haven't had any problems with the battery. I charge it (and my cell!) while at work. I just went on vacation last week (hence the late response to your question, sorry) and didn't charge it at all. Now, I didn't use it a ton either, but didn't have to recharge while I was away.

So far, so good. I really like it. My one issue is that I used to use the day format on the calendar that shows 1 line for each meeting. You can do that, but only for the current day (or at least that's all I've been able to do). The only way to see the entire day listing for a different day is to look at the real calendar view (where it shows the calendar listed out with the time, full meeting notice etc).

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02