PDA

View Full Version : Is Beth Leaving the Boards?

JulieL
06-30-2004, 10:55 AM
I noticed that Beth decided to no longer be a moderator. I also see others have said she has decided to take a break. Is she leaving the boards? I really hope not cause I think Beth is a great person and loved seeing her around.

mamahill
06-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Not entirely. Sarah is almost 3 and Beth has had three miscarriages over the past year, so the baby stuff doesn't really apply, and doesn't love having to read "I'm pregnant!" threads all the time. Plus, Sarah is keeping her on her toes with lots of activities, so she also doesn't have the time.

The Lounge on the Baby Boards has become monstrous, especially if you have to read every post. As a civillian :) she can come and go as she pleases. Plus, I think she prefers the slower going (and more laid back?) of the Toddler boards (yay for us!). I know I do.

At least, that's what I understand. And, given certain outbreaks, I think I would bow out as well. Who needs that kind of stress?

JulieL
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah ever since the political explosion I decided to mainly duck out of the Lounge. I have been on very little since. Some people have become loud mouth annoyances. I figure well, that's enough for me. I am clearly a conservative minority ~(you Toddler Mommies, don't use that against me! :D ) So I have decided to keep comments one to myself, second hop on the Toddler Boards for most of my action and talk about potty training, Elmo, and tantrums! Besides the occasional glimpse in the maternity clothes forum...hope, hope, hope, I've bowed out too. I can see how pregnancy annoucements would be hard for her, Beth I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

egoldber
06-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Well Julie, don't you know how to make a gal feel good. :)

No I am not (obviously!) leaving. Just taking a less active role than I used to. And others are now filling the role that I used to play. And frankly, I have forgotten a lot of baby things, so no longer feel qualified to give advice about the sleep habits of newborns. :)

And as Sarah mentioned, its been kind of a crappy year for me. Just decided I needed to give myself a breather about some non-essential obligations.

But thanks for checking on me.

Hallie_D
06-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Beth, I'm glad to hear you're not leaving. Although I post infrequently, I do read the boards fairly often and your posts have been particularly helpful to me.

JulieL
06-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Hey Beth! Glad to know you are still here! Well here's to a relaxing better year for you! Always want to keep the good ones on the boards, and you're gold girl gold!:D

sweetbasil
06-30-2004, 04:29 PM
>As a civillian :) she can come and go as she pleases.

LOL, Sarah! I was just thinking yesterday how Beth is a BBB celebrity :D And with good reason, of course.

Karenn
06-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm glad you're sticking around too! I can't even imagine the boards without you!