PDA

View Full Version : How many people here actually own Toddler Bargains?

candybomiller
07-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering if I should buy it, or pass. How useful is the information for "older" toddlers?

Karenn
07-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I've got it, and used it to buy a few things. It's not the gold mine that Baby Bargains was for me, but then I'm not obsessed with toddler products like I was with Baby ones. :)

Honestly, the main reason I bought it is that I'm so grateful to Alan and Denise for providing these boards, I felt like I "owed" it to them to buy the book! I've found it useful and certainly don't count it as a waste of money.

redhookmom
07-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I borrowed the book from the library a while ago. I can vividly remember seeing it on the "new" shelf, I was so excited.

I ended up being dissappointed. http://mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bag.gif I remember thinking "where's the meat?" (Or, tofu in my case) There was noting to bite my teeth into like strollers or diaper bags. So, maybe it's just that there is not as much stuff for toddlers. Oh wait that's not true... Maybe I shuld give the book another try.

JElaineB
07-02-2004, 12:48 AM
I bought it for basically the same reasons Karen did. Plus I felt like it was time to start buying stuff for the toddler stage. I did learn a few things but I could have lived without it. I have the first edition, so it is somewhat outdated already.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

egoldber
07-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Well, I bought it, but there was no info that I couldn't live without in it.

HTH,

Jeanmick
07-02-2004, 11:36 PM
My thoughts exactly! Thank you, Karen! :)

christic
07-03-2004, 12:15 PM
I've looked at it at the bookstore a few times but never ended up buying it. I'm not sure if it was the quality of the information or my fading obsession in baby products that caused me to pass...

pamela mom of 3
07-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I have one of the first editions so i too have no clue how outdated it is compared to the newest on the shelf ;) It's ok, i think my problem is when i got it i already had a couple kids and pretty much new the routes to take kwim?

Some of the carseat info was helpful & i did like the layout, overall it's good but not something i couldn't live without reading.

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

emmiem
07-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I bought it and use it occasionally. Just recently, I looked something up that was not in the Baby Bargains book. The book is not that expensive and it you can find out the best products for an older toddler, I feel it was worth the price.
Michele