PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting a Moms Morning Out Program?

Mommie2MadLyn
09-07-2004, 11:24 PM
We just signed Madison up for a Moms Morning Out preschool program! I am so excited because we recently moved and I want her to start making some new little friends. Is there anybody else who has their 2 year olds starting a program like this for the first time? DD has her first day on Thursday...so lets hope all goes well! I just have no idea what to expect since she has never gone to anything "structured" like this before. Good Luck to all of our "new students!" ;-)

redhookmom
09-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Tracey,

How did it go? My dd had her first day on Thursday too. I ended having to stay the whole time but I am hopeful that soon enough I will be able to leave.

KarenNYC
09-11-2004, 02:22 PM
what is a moms morning out program? I am looking for something like that. Where are you guys located and is this a national chain of programs or just a type of pre-school?

Karen

redhookmom
09-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Karen,
I live upstate NY. Our local preschool has a toddler program 2 mornings a week for 2 hours. They actually don't call it Moms Morning Out, I am not sure if there is a chain...

Mommie2MadLyn
09-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I haven't been on the boards too much lately. Madison's first day was great, she cried a little bit off and on they said. But she had a good time and was very excited to see me when I got back. Now last week was her second time going and it was MUCH worse! She cried a lot when we got there, and clung to my leg. She just kept saying "you can't go Bye-Bye Mommy!" I reassured her that I would be back soon and then I just had to walk out with her kicking and screaming. It was so heartbreaking, but I really want to give this a chance for her to adjust. She actually ended up doing great! I watched her for a few minutes when I came back and she was playing and having lots of fun. When I came in the room, she didn't even notice that I was there! So, hopefully this week will be a little better, and soon it will be all smiles!

I'm not sure if Moms Morning Out is a chain, but we live in Virginia and it seems to be offered at a lot of locations in our area. DD goes to the program that is offered at the YMCA here, but I have seen it offered at various churches too. DD's program is one day a week from 8:30-12:00. Its so nice to plan my shopping and errands for that day! I will say that I would rather have it 2 days a week for less hours though because I think that would be easier for DD. I think the fact that there is a whole week between "classes", she has to adjust all over again every week. If it were more frequent I think the transition might be easier.

Jessica how is your DD doing with it so far? Have you been able to leave her yet? Its tough, I know!

MartiesMom2B
09-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Tracey:

How did Madison do? Martie started at the MDO program at my church on Weds. mornings. It's the fastest 3 hours of my week. Martie has really taken to it and I've put her on the waiting list for an extra day. She like it so much that I think I'll put her in 3 days next year. Yesterday Martie painted for the first time and the teachers had thought that she has painted before because she really like it.

-Sonia

Mommie2MadLyn
09-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Sonia, Thanks for asking! Well..its a rough time at drop-off still. She cries a lot and says that she doesn't want me to leave her. She told me "I lose you Mommy and I cry" :( It breaks my heart, but she is always happy when I get back...I watch throught he window for a few minutes before going in. I can see her playing and having a great time! And she tells me that it is SO FUN. But the problem is that it is only offered once a week, so every week so far we start all over again with the tears! Hopefully it will get better soon. I definitely don't want to stop taking her because...
A.) its a much needed break for me! ;-) and,
B.) I plan on getting a job soon so she will be in some sort of daycare, and I feel like this is going to help her prepare for that.
We'll see how it goes next week I guess! I'm so happy to hear that Martie is loving it! Good for her, (and you!)

kalebsmama
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Tracey,
Kaleb just finished his 2nd week and it is so rough at drop-off! He is going 2 days 9a-11:20a. I have to peel him off me and he is crying "No, no don't leave me Mommy!" I have ended up back in my car each day crying myself! Finally today one of the other Moms told me he was playing and not crying - and this was less than 5 minutes after I dropped him off! He was also playing when I got back to get him. He always comes over and says "you came back, Mommy!" as if he was worried that I wouldn't! It breaks my heart to hear him say it! He also says it to me through the day at home. He'll suddenly say something about school and how I come back for him. I hope he gets better. It's really his first time apart from me other than Dad or Grandma or his Aunts.
Oh, he also tell me "I was so sad, Mommy!"
I wonder how long it takes for them to adjust? I feel so bad having to carry him in crying and begging me to take him home!

Mommie2MadLyn
09-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Jan, I teared up today too! Luckily I was wearing my sunglasses because if she saw me getting upset too that would be worse! Madison says "Mommy you came back" too! Its so sad! The teachers tell me that she's fine a few minutes after I leave, but it doesn't make the knot in my stomach as I walk away any better! They told me that she "called" me on the toy phone several times today too! She was telling me that she was "ready to come home now." How cute is that?!

I wish I knew how long the adjustment period is too! I feel like I am torturing her every week as I drag her in. And whats worse is that she's not having a tantrum and screaming, its the most pathetic, scared, cry.

We just moved to a new state in May and she has been home with me since then. Before we moved, I worked 4 days a week so its not like she's never been away from me. I think its a combination of all the changes in her life recently. I really hope it gets better soon though, I feel like she really needs to start making some new little friends here.