PDA

View Full Version : feeling like a bad mommy - join my pity party

hjdong
11-03-2004, 04:13 PM
DS had his first real bleeding hurt today. I was trying to get his shoes on, he was excited, jumping up an down, and he jumped on the dog's comb. Doesn't sound like it would cause harm, until you see that the comb is basically metal spikes - right into his foot.

Add to that his constipation problems, which thankful the gastro-ent. said was no big deal, not my fault, and no lasting repercussions (he was born with an imperforate anus, which we had always been told was a very minor case, but a case of constipation is more worry for us than for most).

I can't wait until this week is over! Thanks for listening to my poor me/bad me.

raynjen
11-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Oh poor baby boy! I know how terrible you feel. Noelle and I were at the post office the other day and she was standing under their counter (nice heavy slab of marble), got excited about mommy handing her the mail, and jumped up into the counter. One of those awful melon thumping sounds followed by the three second silence and then wails. You feel so terrible because, of course, you should have known better/predicted better/or be able to wave a magic wand.

I hope next week comes quickly and is much calmer, saner, and sweeter for you both!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

MartiesMom2B
11-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Ouch, poor baby. I'm sure that mommy's love made him feel better instantly though.

Last night DH was flipping Martie and he dropped her on her face. She was maybe 2 inches from the ground, so I guess it wasn't that far of a drop but he hurt my baby! He felt bad about it and M came over to me.

So at least you didn't drop your DS on his face! You are a great mom!

-Sonia

shandrin
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Ah, that is too bad..

I wouldn't feel like a bad mommy, honestly accidents happen...

Although this was more my kids than me but a few weeks ago my youngest decided to swing a broom about and gashed my one dd's head open...UGH blood everyone and i DO NOT handle blood well :(

Kids are going to get hurt whether it's by themselves or whether we sometimes "help" ;)

Hope next week is better for you ;)

Hallie_D
11-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Ouch, poor guy! My DS has had three accidents with bleeding, all right in front of me and totally preventable if I had been just a little quicker (i.e. able to move faster than a speeding bullet). It is so heartbreaking to know your little guy is injured and to feel like you somehow could have prevented it--which you couldn't.

I bet mommy hugs and kisses made him feel much better!

spunkymom
11-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't feel bad. A couple months ago, DD fell off a folding chair and chipped her tooth on the concrete driveway. Fortunately it only chipped a little bit, but everytime I see her cute smile I notice that one front tooth is a tiny bit shorter than the other one. I felt like a terrible mommy for weeks.

spunkymom
11-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Sorry, double post.

hjdong
11-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better - today has already gone better except for a nap strike! As long as I don't look at the bottom of his foot (although i have been impressed by how quickly it's healing, there's still a line of dots), I don't feel too bad. And the figs have more than worked!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. The sight of blood for my poor boy was just too much . . . I imagine I'll be seeing it again.

Take care

tippy
11-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Holly, Glad your babe is feeling better! I honestly believe it hurts us more than them sometimes! All those kisses and hugs you loved on him helped, I'm sure!