PDA

View Full Version : Calling Jen (raynjen) or anyone with OSA travel bed!

kalebsmama
11-04-2004, 04:01 PM
I am thinking of getting the inflatable bed from One Step Ahead. Jen, I think that I remember that you have this? What do you use as bedding? The picture shows a girl using a blanket but no sheet. Seems that you would want a bottom sheet for comfort or to help keep the mattress clean.
I'm debating about just going to Target and getting a regular twin air mattress so I can use regular sheets. Problem is, DS is still in a crib at home, and I like the idea of the raised sides to help him stay on the mattress! We have been using the pack-n-play up until this point even though he is too big and can climb out of it! Eventually he decides to sleep and lays down!
Anyone have any suggestions? Would you use an air mattress without a sheet and just with whatever covers your child uses?
Thanks!

raynjen
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
We used one of those super absorbent sheets as a liner for the bottom and covered it with one of her (toddler sized) quilts. We then used another quilt on top of her.

If you are debating which to get I would say go with the twin. Although we love our OSA bed and would choose it again in a heartbeat the sides don't really "contain" her. She is an active sleeper so I just make sure to dress her warmly. The main reason we chose the OSA bed is because it was cheaper than the twins I found online, the shipping weight was a lot lower (and thus cheaper), and it was a lot more compact when folded up. Because we live overseas I also had to find an online store that would ship to our military base - and I knew OSA would.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

kalebsmama
11-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks Jen! Target has their air mattresses on sale this week. I might just have to go get one. I like being able to use regular sheets, and knowing that the raised sides of the other won't really help all that much makes me feel better.