PDA

View Full Version : Are we just going backwards?

cdlamis
11-22-2004, 06:30 PM
We moved Julia into a toddler bed a few months ago since her soon-to-be sister will need her crib. If we didn't need the crib for the baby, we would have left Julia in the crib until it was necessary. She was sleeping great there and never tried to climb out.

Well, since the move, it has been a little hard keeping her there. Naps are the biggest problem- she went from 2 1/2 hr naps to 1 hr naps. And it has been so much harder to put her down. I think she was just excited to get up and play.

Today I gave up and put her in the playpen in our room. She didn't fuss at all and read her books there for about 10 minutes and then napped for about 2 1/2 hours! Should I just go back to the playpen permanently? It seems like an obvious choice but I also fear that we are hindering her development somehow or just putting off the inevitable (sleeping in her own bed someday).

Any thoughts? TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

raynjen
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't think it would be an issue since she sleeps in her bed at night - our daughter takes naps in our bedroom as her room gets too much light in the afternoons (plus there are just too many temptations).

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!