PDA

View Full Version : what funny things has your DC has said recently

hjdong
12-09-2004, 04:50 PM
This post has come up a couple times over time and I was also jealous because I couldn't post to them because two and three word sentences don't often take a funny turn - although sometimes. But DS is finally advanced enough to say funny things, so finally, my turn!

He's running around the house yesterday, looking rather frantic. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm looking for mine coffee."

jadamom
12-09-2004, 05:40 PM
That's cute. :)

My DD said "Daddy is my best friend."

cara1
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I took DS with me to the bathroom while we were out. "No, Mommy, no me go pee-pee", he said. I told him that actually I had to go, he was just coming to keep me company. While I sat there on the toilet, he looked at me quite seriously and said, "Mommy, stand up!"

kalebsmama
12-10-2004, 03:17 PM
We had a similar one the other day. I was in the bathroom just off the kitchen and the kids were with DH in the kitchen. DS comes over, opens the door and yells "Mommy, pull up your pants!"

Hallie_D
12-10-2004, 04:12 PM
So cute!

DS has said two things that cracked me up recently. A little background on the first, DH likes to have a glass of beer with dinner, no matter what we are eating, so DS is familiar with the word (but not the flavor, of course!). The other night I asked DS what he wanted for dinner. He though for a moment, then looked at me and said very seriously, "Pizza and beer."

Just a few nights ago I was bathing him and said, "Honey, let's put away your toys and finish your bath so you can have story time and then go to sleep." He answered, "That's a good plan, mommy!"

luvbeinmama
12-12-2004, 11:55 PM
So lately, I've had a hard time keeping diapers or pull-ups on DD when she sets her mind on wanting to strip. Tonight was a stripping night. First she spits chocolate soymilk all over her dress and pants and our rug. Then, as I am cleaning the rug and she decides she doesn't want her diaper either, and I keep telling her to leave it on (we have all rug in our house, an accident is a major pain). So okay, I manage to keep her in the diaper until I go to the sink to wash her clothes. Pretty soon, here come my two kids, running through the kitchen... DD is totally naked and when she sees me, she gives me an impish grin and says "nak-eh boody" (naked boody), and keeps running. I had to really try hard to keep from laughing out loud, it was so funny. I wish I could show you the look on her face, it was so precocious!

friedmana1
12-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Great thread...I love all the cute sayings.

DD was eating her third (!) portion of salmon last week for dinner, and I asked her, "Is it yummy?" And she replied, "I LOVE IT!" It was hysterical, because she said that as she was stuffing her face with more fish. :)

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

candybomiller
12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Last week after changing Matt's diaper, he stood up and said "Thanks Mom, I 'preciate it." I almost fell over!

phirey
01-01-2005, 11:43 PM
DD has been singing LOTs of songs lately. Xmas songs, Signing Times songs... Daycare songs are always hard to guess because the words may be off and sometimes I've never heard them before.

So yesterday she's in the car with MIL, FIL, SIL DH and me after running some errands...she's singing song after song and finally breaks out with a gusto

"oh,oh look at my a$$, look at my a$$ it's dirty!" over and over again. DH and I were DYING-- it took a while to figure out it was the "Look at my hands" song from Signing Times!

Melanie
01-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Cute little kids!

The other day I said to Ds, "Wow! Look, it's raining BUCKETS outside!" (thinking myself such an intuitive mother not to say "...raining cats & dogs."}

Ds says, "I don't see any buckets."

trumansmom
01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Tonight bedtime was kind of rough for DS. As he was walking into the bedroom he caught his toe on a chair leg and spilled milk all over his favorite pjs. After sobbing hysterically for a few minutes he stood up and announced, "I think I need to do that again!" He then proceeded to walk out into the hall, cut a WIDE path away from the chair, and climbed up in bed with a huge grin on his face.

You gotta love 'em!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

RhondaSue50
01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Before the holidays, DH and I had a quick discussion in front of DD about one of the gifts we were thinking of buying. We were spelling the significant words that we didn't want DD to understand. I didn't even think she was paying attention, but she looked up and said, "Stop LETTERING things! I can't understand you." It's true what they say, little pitchers, big ears...