PDA

View Full Version : Does your toddler wear a bib?

pixelprincess
06-26-2005, 01:33 AM
He isn't an overtly messy eater, but he is only two so food gets around. He also likes the messier type of food...rice, corn, etc which is a bit of a pain to clean off the floor. He totally refuses to wear the Bumpkin bibs and now the slip-over-the-head cloth ones that he wore up until now.

How about your child(ren)?

brubeck
06-26-2005, 09:20 AM
There was a discussion about this recently in the Meals forum.

Yes my son still wears a bib. My DD did until age 3. As long as they are messy eaters they should wear a bib.

Oh and the bibs we use are the Baby Bjorn ones. My DD had ONE bib for 3 years. DS is on his original bib too. These are SO worth the $$!

houseof3boys
06-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, he wears a bib! If he doesn't, I have to change his shirt since he is a total mess no matter what he eats.

He wears the Sally Huss bibs from Walmart with the snaps on it. He unsnaps the bib when he is done eating though.

stefani
06-26-2005, 03:07 PM
DS does wear a bib still at almost 22 months. There was a period where he did not want to, but we tried to be consistent that when he is sitting down to eat he has to wear a bib, otherwise he doesn't get to sit down and he doesn't get to eat.

He has those bibs from BRU, but the neck opening is too wide, I keep wanting to put another velcro so it can be tighter, but I haven't had a chance to get it done so far... The slip-over-the-head doesn't work very well for him as he has a big head :-) I have the Bumpkin with long sleeves, but for the summer that seems too hot (and he doesn't wear long sleeves, so they don't need "protection").

MartiesMom2B
06-27-2005, 06:19 AM
M refuses. So my money is tied up in laundry stain removers.

-Sonia
Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

zuzu
06-27-2005, 07:51 AM
For super messy meals or things that are likely to stain, I try to get her to wear one, and she usually will without complaining. I say something like "Pasta with sauce is a bib meal" or, "If you want ketchup, we'll need to put on your bib first." For less messy meals, I don't bother because she started resisting them and is generally pretty neat. I'd rather save any potential battles for the messier meals. She wears the small Bumpkin bibs.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

LucyG
06-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes, most of the time she still does. I will occasionally forget one when we eat out, and we just tuck a napkin into her shirt. We use the Sally Huss bibs from Walmart, and DD is very proud of the fact that she can now unsnap her bib when she finishes eating. I just bought a box of the disposable Pampers Bibsters to take with us on vacation later this summer. I hope Large still fits her!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

barbarhow
06-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Not usually unless it is spaghetti or yogurt or something really messy and then, believe it or not, he asks for one. "Need a bib Mama." The first time he said it I thought I was hallucinating. Even with a bib-most of the mess heads south to the floor...
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

murpheyblue
06-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I wish. Along with hats and hair clips, DD rips them off immediately.

pixelprincess
06-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks all for your feedback. No hats for us either. The weird thing is that while eating if he gets food on his fingers he wants me to wipe it off...he seems "mess" phobic, but doesn't mind making it.

hellokitty1
06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
At 26 months, we stil use a bib a lot of the time but not every time like we used to. If it is a messy meal, e.g. sauce or small pieces like rice, we definitely use a bib bc i'm not in the mood to pick up corn kernels off the floor. that said, there is much more pickyness as far as which bib she will wear. we love the baby bjorn bibs but we found them late so she will not wear them. the funny part is we sent a bjorn to school (they don't use bibs anymore after turning 2) and she willingly wears it there.

go figure.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)