PDA

View Full Version : Kohl's-- Carter stuff for $0.60!

Dcclerk
09-25-2003, 11:28 AM
This is a big YMMV (your mileage may vary) but I just struck the motherload at Kohl's and wanted to share.

I had received roughly a trillion sleepers before DS was born and have now realized how little we need them. I finally trekked over to Kohl's for a return. Most of them I got credit for $8 a piece. One, I would have been given $0.15 so decided to keep it:)

I had never been to Kohl's before so I just wandered around. I ended up at this rack where everything is less than $5. I found some cute Carter's toddler pajamas and some little outfits I had never seen before. (Turns out this is probably because they are so old.) A lot of them still had the regular price of $16 or so, so I just brought a bunch over to the register to see how much they would cost. Turns out, I was able to get 4 outfits and 3 pairs of jammies for $11-- and that is with a very costly outfit that was $5.19:)!

All that to say, it is totally worth it to check those racks. Most of the stuff I got was coming up at $0.60-$0.90!

NancyJ_redo
09-26-2003, 02:41 PM
Ooh...since you live by me Kerry I have to assume you were at the only Kohl's somewhat near us. I'll have to send DH over there tonight after work...he LOVES a good bargain and we could use some sleepers. Thanks!

Dcclerk
09-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Only one I know of is Torrance... and I suspect your DH works in those parts since most do:) Hopefully I didn't take all of the good stuff. I didn't look too carefully so I imagine there is more stuff there. As for the bargain hunter, he is a man after my own heart!

llcoddington
10-01-2003, 12:27 PM
I had the same experience at Kohl's yesterday and got up this morning to post a message in the Bargains section and saw that you already had! I bought 7 outfits, 3 pairs of shoes, and 4 hats for $15! Even if they don't fit my baby (due Dec. 7th), they would be great baby presents. I live in Maryland and have two Kohl's within 10 miles, so I am thinking of going to the other Kohl's today! What a great deal!!!

NYGirl
10-02-2003, 11:55 AM
I did really well at Kohl's too for a friend over a year ago - they have good stuff, a lot of carters, really cheap!

s7714
10-02-2003, 04:08 PM
They opened a Kohl's a little while ago about 4 blocks from me (haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet!!!), and I've found their clearance racks to be fabulous too. The only thing I've noticed is that they sometimes seem to clear out their clearance racks and then not have much on them for a month or two. I was just there yesterday ;) and they only had maybe 20 summer outfits on the rack and nothing else! It seems that the racks tend to be fullest towards the middle of the season. But, perhaps it varies by location?