PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming discount at KB Toys 10/8-14

sunny2003
09-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello - just wanted you to know about this discount coming up in October for KB Toys. HTH!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.kbtoys.com/help/legalnotice.html?place=bfnt&ls=default

Quote:
Defendants will distribute the Net Settlement Fund by
providing a discount at the cash registers of all KB
Toys, KB Toy Works, KB Toy Outlet, Toy Liquidator and
KB Toys Express stores nationwide, including Guam and
Puerto Rico, equal to 30% off all qualifying purchases
of $30 or more during October 8-14, 2003. This
distribution (the "In-store Distribution") will be
done without requiring a request of any store customer
and will be separate and apart from, and in addition
to, any previously planned promotional events for
2003. Defendants will not advertise or otherwise
promote the distribution in advance of the In-store
Distribution. Signs detailing the terms of the
In-store Distribution, however, may be displayed in or
around the stores during the In-store Distribution and
up to 48 hours in advance of the In-store
Distribution.

zen_bliss
09-29-2003, 10:32 AM
wow, that's HUGE! 30% off -- great for xmas shopping!

unless of course, they mark everything up 30% first since that's how they got in trouble in the first place ;)

thanks for sharing this!

sbirmantaz
10-06-2003, 08:17 AM
I am confused though, is it just in stores or online too? The document mentions etoys.com and kbtoys.com, but then all other text just says in-store? Anyone decipher?

Thanks!

sunny2003
10-06-2003, 08:32 AM
I think that the discount is only in stores but that etoys was part of the alleged defraud scheme. now dh just has to make a list of the toys he wants! ;)

hth!

edited to add: looks like discount does not apply to video games, systems, accessories, gift cards, or things like that but your mileage may vary! looks like dh is out of luck but there are still baby toys to be had!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

zen_bliss
10-06-2003, 12:57 PM
where did you see the list of items excluded?

sunny2003
10-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Info was from a thread that dh found - he is a game programmer and grooves on this kind of stuff - the link to the convo is here and the original posting is below:

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6173

Viv

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:10 pm Post subject: KB Sale Not Useful - No Video Games, Systems, Accessories

I just came back from KB and thought I'd offer a report of my findings.

The KB I visited was putting up banners and such advertising the "You Win! Sale" for one week. In fine print it was stated that the sale does not apply to video games, systems, accessories, gift cards, or some other thing that sounded like video rental but isn't important.

1. Does it cover anything we care about? Not unless you're a Lego fan or you like board games aimed at 8-year-olds.

2. Do you have to show a receipt? No, certainly not.

3. Does it apply to purchases over $30 or items over $30? Purchases, definitely. Go there and ring up more than $30 in items, before tax, and you will get 30% off. Not that anybody on this board cares anymore.

So what did I, the intrepid reporter do? Walked down to EB instead. Sure I paid the exact same price, but it's the principle of the thing.

ywolf
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
What's the EB. Is it a good savings or do they mark everything up before the discount. And why are they being sued anyway?

sunny2003
10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
eb = electronics boutique, a place to get games. and, according to the thread above, here is why kb settled:

KB made a practice of marking up all items with two prices. Normally there was a grossly overpriced price that was crossed off and replaced with a handwritten normal price that you would find anywhere. Thus, the goal was to fool consumers into thinking that they were getting a good deal when in fact they were paying normal prices or even higher.

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03