PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snugride Bargain

babymama
11-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Saw the Graco Snugride at Sears today for $54.99, marked down from $59.99. I'm not sure of the fabric/model, but it was mostly navy blue with giraffes and lions and other animals on the fabric (maybe it's called Breeze???) and it included a head support and "boot" for cold weather. I thought that was a great deal. Cheapest price I've seen on the Snugrides. Sears also has the matching giraffe/lion stroller for only $49.99 in the Literider model (marked down from about $55) to make a travel system (total cost $105).

I bought my Snugride from Target last week for $79.99. Fabric/model is called Highland Park - gray and black plaid with red accents - and includes a head support, but no boot. I also bought the matching stroller (Quattro Tour model) for $89.99. I wish I had held out long enough to take advantage of the bargain at Sears. Even though I paid more at Target, it was still a bargain (after coupons and store credit) over the Babies R Us price.

Snugride "Heatwave" fabric/model at Babies R Us costs $99.99 and the matching Quattro Tour model stroller in Heatwave also cost $99.99. The Sears price is almost 50% less than the BRU price.

Happy bargain hunting!

Thanks,
babymama
P.S. - I know the Field's are down on Graco travel systems, but lots of moms I've talked to liked their Graco ts. I may kick myself for it later, but I'm gonna try it out anyway.

momtob2003
11-04-2003, 06:57 PM
A quick FYI- The Snugride at Sears is a 3 pt. harness and I don't know if it has the front adjustable harness.

I just got the French Bear Snugride from BRU for $79.99 ($89.99-$10 discount coupon). Thanks for the Target headsup. I will check it out this weekend.

Kashfi
edd 12/3/03

new_mommy25
11-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi, I just wanted to reassure you on your purchase. I have the Highland park Snugride and we love,love, love it. Not only is the fabric much softer than many of the cheaper Snugrides (for instance the scratchy Glen Plaid at Target), but IMHO the froont adjuster is really worth shelling out extra for. Going anywhere with a baby is complicated enough so the little extras do count. As for the boot, I never missed it. I just pack lots of blankets on top. Another option would be a bundle me type of cover which you can also use in your stroller.

just my two cents.. :)

edited to add that we used a ton of coupons so it only ended up being around $60 including 8.8% sales tax.

babymama
11-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm looking forward to using the Highland Park Snugride. Our baby is due 11/20.