PDA

View Full Version : American Girl code

ddmarsh
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
For 10% off the code is 129302.

HTH someone -

stillplayswithbarbies
11-10-2003, 09:50 PM
Is there anywhere cheaper to get AG other than from the website? Do regular stores carry them and do they ever go on sale?

There is one named Logan that I have to have!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Momof3Labs
11-10-2003, 10:18 PM
They have a sale once or twice a year at or near their factory in Wisconsin - they actually sell tickets to this event (ticket proceeds go to charity) and people line up to go in!

Otherwise, there is a flagship store in downtown Chicago - quite impressive, I must say, though I am a doll collector myself - but I don't think that they are sold anywhere else. In fact, I believe that sale codes are rare, that's great to know about one!!

loewymartin
11-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Do you know how long this is good for?

Karen, in answer to your question, I see the clothes listed on ebay all the time. But, at local craft fairs I see clothes that people make for much less money. I saw some adorable fleece items (with hats, gloves, bunting) for $10! I didn't buy anything as I made the decision to get the Bitty Baby for Alia's 2nd birthday (which isn't until May!) but now that I see there's a coupon code may order it now and save it.

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

ddmarsh
11-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi - Unfortunately there was no expiration date listed at the site I came across this.

As to your question Karen I don't believe these can be purchased at any other stores. Although even if they were to sell them elsewhere my guess is this would be one of those extremely tightly controlled licensing situations where sales, etc. would not be permitted.

egoldber
11-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh aren't you smart! I was thinking of getting Sarah a Bitty Baby for either Chanukah or for her third birthday. I'm not sure she's really old enough to appreciate it yet, but by her birthday she certainly will. Maybe I should order one now with the code.

I have never seen AG on sale. You can get them on eBay, but the prices are only a few $$ less than buying from AG. They also do combo "sales" on the website. For example, right now if you buy a Bitty Baby doll and Starter Collection, you get both for $102. If you buy them separately, then its $136.

There are lots of patterns for doll clothes to fit either the AG character dolls or for Bitty Baby. And you can get inexpensive doll clothes from Target. The ones for their line of AG ripoff dolls (called My Generation) fit the AG dolls too.