PDA

View Full Version : Pet owners

Momof3Labs
11-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Omaha Vaccine Company has free shipping on orders over $50 through the end of December! I buy everything through them except pet food and prescription meds (our vet won't give us written prescriptions - grrr); their prices are great! Hollie, our Golden, is on GlycoFlex III, an arthritis med. It is $75/bottle through our vet and about $35/bottle through OVC!

Even when they charge for shipping, everything is still a great deal.

www.omahavaccine.com

sugarsnappea
11-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I am in the process of trying to get our vet to write us a 'scrip for Rimadyl. Our Black lab needs it for arthritis. He charges us $1.37 a pill and your website lists it for about $.90. I hope my DH can talk him into it. :)

nitaghei
11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Lori,

It stinks that your vet won't give you scrips! Ours does - she's terrific. I get the dogs' Interceptor and Otomax from Omaha Vaccine. The cocker is on Synovi-MSM supplement for arthritis - and it's half the price at Omaha Vaccine, compared to what my vet charges!

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Momof3Labs
11-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Yes, it does stink!! They finally agreed to price match (because I gave them two options - price match or script) and then tried to add shipping to each package! I said no way - I'm ordering all at once and won't pay shipping for each package. We used to get this stuff free from a friend who is a rep for the veterinary drug companies, but we don't see him much anymore.

But I have saved a ton of dough on GlycoFlex and Cosequin over the last several years!!

dogmom
12-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Just FYI, I get my flea/tick meds and heartworm from Australia. Much cheaper, even with shipping costs from www.vetshoponline.com. Got to love this global economy!

This is their US $ site:
http://202.47.36.147/Default.htm

My dog is actually on human meds for his arthritis. I guess I should get my act together and try to order them from Canada. Do you think it's illegal to reimport meds for you dog?

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03