PDA

View Full Version : When is next USA Baby sale?

nicoleflynn
12-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I have just started shopping for my baby. We were checking out USA baby over the weekend and they told us that they just had a big sale two weeks ago. Do you know when they will have the next one? Some lady told me that they have discounts up to 70% when they have sale. Is this true? Could you actually find good cribs etc. during the sales? I am expecting my baby around April 9th, I am not sure if should wait some more (like till Jan or Feb) hoping that they will have something by then. Do you think it is worth it?

Thanks,

Nicole.

Momof3Labs
12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I always found their "big sales" to be all hype. And then the prices were about the same as the day before and the day after the sale. They usually have a small table of odds and ends at 50% or more off - but we're talking dirty toys, odd lampshades, etc. I've never seen a crib marked down much, unless it was a beat-up floor model.

Unless you are buying an in-stock crib, I wouldn't wait until January or February - it often takes 8-12 or even 16 weeks to get a crib (or other furniture) if you place a special order.

jd11365
12-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Yup...I agree with Lori. I drove 1 hour to the "Up to 70% off Sale" only to find a table with 2 items that were on sale... And, BTW...if you do a search on these boards under USA Baby, you will find that many people have been VERY disappointed with this store. If I were you, I would find what you like and most stores price match. I would still make sure you choose a store with a quality reputation. Not only did I have trouble with one store in particular, their corporate offices are just as bad because each store is a franchise so if you have trouble at a store, you have no higher place to turn.

Honestly, as someone who has been on these boards for a long time now and have found the people here to be SO helpful...I would tell us which city you live in and someone is sure to post where to get the best deals in your town...even better than the "hype" sales you will find at USA Baby I'm sure.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

amp
12-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Okay, we bought a crib and a rocking chair from our USA Baby store and are really happy with both. We bought them during their Once a Trimester sale, which is almost always going on. They basically take stuff off of the sale just for a couple of weeks periodically so they can still call it a sale. That works just fine for me. When I went to their big one day sale, I didn't find there to be that many deals. They will sell off floor merchandise (display furniture, etc) at big discounts, but if you don't get there right away, the very few cribs they are selling that way will be long gone. I would just try to base your purchasing decisions on the Once a Trimester (Every Single Trimester) sale.

nicoleflynn
12-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Thank you very much for your replies. I live in Portland, OR. I think a better question to ask would be about the best places to buy baby stuff around here but I'll post that question in a different thread.

Nicole.