PDA

View Full Version : Friday Morning - Smart or Suicidal?

kfcboston
12-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Soooooo, any of you gals planning to hit the shopping circuit on Friday? Already planning your attack with military precision? Share your blueprint for success, and where you plan to cash in!

kathsmom
12-23-2003, 01:01 AM
Well, my mom and I usually do the day after Thanksgiving sales, but we missed it this year. If we don't get to do that day, then we do the day after Christmas. I live in a large metro area, so I try to decide which mall I want to go to and whether or not they have a Target, Wal-Mart, etc. nearby. I usually hit Target first thing in the morning. I try to buy Christmas cards, wrapping paper, etc. for the next year. I also look for those "gift sets" they have that are left over and buy some of those for myself.

After that, we hit the closest mall. Then we shop until we drop! My birthday is January 1st, so if my mom is shopping with me the day after Christmas, she usually insists on buying something for me! :)

I typically buy my winter clothes in December when everything is on sale, so I usually do pretty well. However, this year, I am trying not to buy too much in my current size, because I really need to lose some weight. I wonder if shopping all day counts as exercise? :)

Suicidal? Maybe, but I sure have a ton of fun!