PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Solid Wood Train Table & 120 pc Train set -- Now $49 at Aldi

bunnisa
12-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Marked down from $99 --

I saw several on Christmas Eve -- maybe they've been marked down even more by now?

It was really really cute, and the train set was nice - even included a crane.

EDITED TO ADD: even tho the manager told me they would not be marked down further, I saw they were cheaper when I went there today.

HTH someone!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

sugarsnappea
01-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Bethany,

Are you still in MI? Where is this store? My SIL has been looking for one of these. Thanks!

bonbon98
01-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the heads-up - I'll probably call up a couple and see if they have them by me.

Here's their website: http://www.usa.aldi.com

Bonny
Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I think the one at Target in a wooden box is about $39 not on sale. It has a lot of peices too...

I am about to sell a train set on Ebay that I got at Tuesday Morning that has I think 100 plus pieces. It said it retailed for $99, but some of the tracks are not smooth (most are) but some are not...so if anyone checks the Aldi tracks please post I'd love to know. From what I have heard here the Target brand tracks are smooth!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bunnisa
01-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi! The one I went to is on 8 mile, west of Woodward in Ferndale -- but if you go to www.Aldi.com they list several other stores in the Metro Detroit area.

And yes, we're (unfortunately) still in MI. Trying hard to get out of here (although it was 56 degrees today!)

Neve -- I'll have to check out the one at Target! Sounds like a great deal. MIL wants to buy one for DS's birthday (which is not until JUNE, but hey, she's the Grandma), so it looks as if we're getting one after all.

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

egoldber
01-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Neve, Sarah received the smaller Target set (the one that is $15 full price and is 120 pieces, not the $39 set), a small Thomas set and also a couple Brio pieces for the holidays. All 3 sets work together perfectly, and the Target tracks are perfectly nice.

HTH,

nigele
01-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info. Their website shows that they have a store in a town near me but it lists no phone number. It's not in the phone book either. Do you have any idea if/why they don't list their numbers? I don't want to drive 30 minutes only to find out the store is no longer there! TIA!

pritchettzoo
01-17-2004, 10:54 PM
The ones in GA don't have phone numbers listed either. I would bet they don't list them so they don't have to pay someone to answer the phone. I've been to the one by us several times and I have NEVER seen more than two employees there--usually it's just one cashier (and there's a line of 1.7 billion people!).

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)