PDA

View Full Version : 20% off deals on ebay

3boys1girl
12-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Has anyone ever heard of the sites that they are selling on ebay for 20% off of gift cards from different places like Toys R Us, Home Depot, Outback, etc....? Are they legit?

mwheeler
12-29-2003, 02:19 AM
I don't know about gift cards on eBay, but I do know that Main Street Savings sells $25 gift cards for all the merchants you listed, and many more including Target, Circuit City, and JCPenney. At the end of the month they credit you $5 for each gift card you buy.

The result is $25 gift cards for $20 (or 20% off everything you buy with the gift cards). I have bought several hundred dollars from them since joining earlier this month. There is a limit of 20 cards per merchant ($500) in a 12 month period. The first month of membership is free, and it is $9.95 per month after that.

You can sign up at https://www.membershipme.com/lpdefault.asp?ID=orcmssgas002".

Mike

3boys1girl
12-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I guess you are happy with this program?? Thanks for the info. I had heard of one like this called dealpass.com, aka connections123 etc... they are more expensive per month and have a bad wrap for credit fraud...charging people the monthly fee when they quit the program and when they did not even know they were signed up. Maybe I will give it a try!!

chanamelia
01-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi, I have a few more questions:
1. Is there expiration date for the gift cards?
2. Is the card store specific or can be used in any merchant.
3. Can I use the toys R us store card at BRU?
4. How long does it take me to receive the card?
Thanks

mwheeler
01-02-2004, 08:55 PM
So far I am very happy with the program. I just joined in December, so my first refunds should be coming any day now.

The gift cards are for specific stores, you pick what store and how many giftcards to buy with an annual limit of $500 per store.

The cards are identical to the ones you can buy in the store and have the same terms. The ToysRUs cards are valid at BRU, KRU, and Imaginarium in addition to TRU. Of the cards I have the Sears and Toys R Us say they expire two years after the date they were issued. The Target, Home Depot, and JCPenney cards do not mention an expiration date.

I have ordered the cards on two occasions, both times the cards have arrived in less than a week.

Mike

mwheeler
01-08-2004, 02:23 AM
The credit for 20% off the gift cards I bought showed up right on time, January 2nd. It seems like a great deal to me. I now save 20% on everything I buy at these stores, no matter how good the deal is before the discount.

Mike

chantal66
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
I was a member of dealpass for a year and never had any problems. I also save quite a bit of money with it. I cancelled the membership after a year without any issues.
I have heard of fraud but it never happened to me. Everyone has always been very courteous and honest and I bought over $1000 of gift cards from them.

Chantal

3boys1girl
05-11-2004, 10:53 AM
I DID IT!! I joined the club and it really works great!! I actually did a great deal of research on them and then finally decided to try it. All of my friends were skeptics and now that I did it they want to try too!!

If you want to save 20% off of popular places...this is the thing to do:

Research them more on fatwallet.com there is a wealth of info on there about dealpass, mainsteetsavings, etc.
I typed in dealpass in the search bar and then went to the dealpass giftcard programs index list...this shows all of the stores that each program offers discounts to.

IMPORTANT TIP for joining:
Join the club(s) you want at gozing.com or netflip.com or other places as mentioned on fatwallet.com($1.00 trial period) between the 6th and about 25th of the month.Call the 1-800# they provide you for customer service and tell them you just joined online and you wanted to get your membership #. Then get online or call and buy all needed cards within the month. Then wait until you see your credit of 20% appear on your credit card statement at the first few days of the next month(1st thru about the 6th) I checked online or you can call daily until you see it appear on the credit card. Then call to cancel before the end 30 day trial period. It really is worth it, I bought tons to Home Depot and Lowes for our new house and have saved tons of money especially when combining the giftcards with the 10% off new move coupons to these places.

I did not have any problem canceling the memberships either... two of the clubs I joined were even automated telephone cancels.

The only problem I would say I had was that the cards only come in $25, so when you go to home depot to do a large purchase with 50 like I did they look at you funny and the manager came over to see what was going on because it took so long to ring them all through. That is tooooo bad, because money is money and everything is legit through these clubs. I just told them I got them from a club online...then they wanted to join to after I told them I save an extra 20%.... Other than that things were awesome!!!

Good luck and research for yourself...you have to be comfortable doing this kind of thing, but to save money I certainly am!!!

3boys1girl
08-20-2004, 10:33 AM
here is the info...good luck