PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE:Has anyone seen a coupon code for Brain, Child magazine????

sntm
12-31-2003, 01:26 AM
Picked one up this weekend and love it, but $18 for 4 issues is a lot, even for a fledgling mag.

TIA!

edited to add:
I had to clarify the cost with the publisher. It is $14 per person (which is not actually 40% off the current price, but off the prior price for subscriptions.)

Anyone who is interested, email me by 1/10 at ***** and I will send you my address and you can send me a check for $14 to "Brain, Child magazine." We'll set a tentative deadline of 1/20 for the order to go out, but contact me if you need it to be later.

for anyone who wants more info, their website is www.brainchildmag.com

edited again to add:
Have removed my email address just for security, but PM me if you are still interested and I can add you if the checks haven't gone out yet.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

redhookmom
12-31-2003, 11:57 AM
It's worth every penny! I LOVE every issue and read every word. I think I have seen that if you order a second subscription you get a break so you could split with a friend.

I have a friend who subscribes to Mothering and we trade after reading so it doesn't seem like we are spending as much.

sntm
01-02-2004, 12:51 AM
I'm going to get it regardless, but the online subscription form prompted me for a coupon code and so now I feel compelled to find one!

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

ismommy
01-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Shannon,

If you find one can you post it. I would like to get a subscription too.

Thanks.
Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

sntm
01-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Actually, was looking at my mag today and if 4 people get a subsription at the same time, you each save 40%. Anyone else interested????????????? We just need 2 more!

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

houseof3boys
01-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Count me in too Shannon. I have never seen the magazine but trust your expert opinion. :) I also looked at the site and it looks interesting!

wdland45
01-03-2004, 07:57 PM
I'll do it to. Just let me know where/who to send a check to and it will be in the mail ASAP. I will also PM you!
Thanks
Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

JLiebCamm
01-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if you still need another to subscribe but I'd like to get in on this as well. Let me know. Thanks!

Jessica
Mom to Nathan 12-20-02

quikeye
01-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Let me know as well-- I'd be willing to subscribe @ 40% off (even though I've never seen the magazine, the website makes it sound pretty interesting!) :) Thanks!

stillplayswithbarbies
01-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I would be interested too.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

pritchettzoo
01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Is it too late?

pritchettzoo @ comcast . net (no spaces)

Thanks!
Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

heytootsy
01-05-2004, 11:16 PM
i AM INTERESTED, TOO.

houseof3boys
03-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the first issue has finally arrived in my mailbox today. I have skimmed it but not read it cover to cover. It seems chock full of info and very intellectual!

How will I ever read my InStyle that came today too? I am a woman of the new millenium since I will seamlessly float from one to the other I guess. :)

Post a full report those that got the subs with Shannon!

pritchettzoo
03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
You're a hoot, O Woman of the New Millenium. My copy came today too, but its only accompaniment was a student loan statement. :( I'll check the magazine out tonight!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JLiebCamm
03-25-2004, 10:42 PM
DH had more of a chance to look at it than me and loved it, which is an excellent sign. I did read the short parody about the child's art gallery and laughed many times! It seems like a great mag.

stillplayswithbarbies
03-25-2004, 11:07 PM
did you notice the author of that article? It's Liam Callanan, the same guy who wrote The Cloud Atlas, the book that many of us purchased after Paula posted about it here.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

sntm
03-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I got you beat -- from Brain, Child to In Style to Surgical Review! Tho', must confess, the only article I read out of Surgical Review was about a woman who busted a hole in her stomach from a giant hairball. Gotta love the throwaway journals, they get the most bizarre cases.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

pritchettzoo
03-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Okay, please tell me the article said how she got the hairball. Like MEOW hairball or what? Don't leave us hanging! (Okay, I very well may be the only one interested, but don't leave ME hanging!)

And a brief review: I loved this magazine. I woke up DD laughing so hard reading it in bed. I also made me think--the really hard, deep thinking that sometimes hurts. And it gave me renewed determination to finish my thesis. Okay, start my thesis. Again. Now I just have to come up with another idea and pray my professor doesn't shoot me for changing again.

And a question: Has anyone seen the children's magazine they have on the back cover? I suppose the title would be helpful, but...

Thanks for organizing this Shannon! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

sntm
03-26-2004, 05:12 PM
trichophagia -- hair eating. very common, actually.
it was 21x10x8 cm or something. they thought she had a tumor and were resecting half her stomach.
it's like the national enquirer of surgical articles...:+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03