PDA

View Full Version : When do the BRU coupons start coming out??

aliceinwonderland
01-02-2004, 03:43 PM
As many of you know, I have yet to receive a single darn mailing from them, but iwas assured last time I talked to customer service rep. there that i was on the mailing list...I don;t know if this is really the case, as that conversation was a couple of months ago...But I REALLY do not want to miss the big coupon book that I'm told comes out in February?? Please let me know what you start receiveing yours!! Thanks so much!!

eri, mom to be April 04 :)

tiaz
01-06-2004, 11:15 PM
I just received some in the mail yesterday, Jan. 5th. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. It's a smaller book, not the large coupon book like I received when I was preggo and registered there.

Hope you get some coupons soon!

Tia

LaurelC
01-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Do they automatically send out the book if you are registered at BRU?

aliceinwonderland
01-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Well, that's what they say. I guess I registered too early or something, because I haven't received a darned thing! But they say we should be getting coupons about 4 months before our due date, per the BRU registry we have there. who knows!

Nosy
01-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Tia,

I haven't received anything either. Can you give us a few highlights? I'm looking for coupons for a carseat & pack and play.

Thanks!

cindyc430
01-08-2004, 02:36 AM
I don't have a coupon book yet wither. I hope it comes soon. I'm due next month and after my shower this weekend, I'll probably need to buy the stuff I didn't get but still need...

rhymeswithfizz
01-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Cindy, I just noticed we are due on the same day... Feb 20! It's a race to the finish! :)

brittone2
01-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Just to jump in on this thread, I'm due Feb. 21st and registered several months ago ). I started my registry online and did the small stuff that you can't do online in the store. I assumed I'd start getting the coupons then, but nothing. I started to get annoyed that every single time I'd go to the checkout they'd ask if I had any coupons today...ummm....no, you never send any!

Finally I said something one day because it was over 2 months after I registered, and still no coupons. They gave me a 1-800 # to call to get on the mailing list. It was automated, and I left my info (name and address) to be added to the mailing list. It has again been like 2 months since I did that, and still nothing!!! I emailed BRU the other day and their customer service said I'm now on the list but it could take 8-10 weeks for the coupons to show up. Why is it that when you DON'T want to be on someone's mailing list, you always are, and now that I want the mailings, I can't get them???

I've been disappointed w/ the whole thing. I have several things I'd like to buy but I'm very annoyed that I *SHOULD* have coupons to use in order to help save some $$.

I'm due Feb. 21st....so right behind the two of you LOL!! It is coming pretty fast the more I realize I need to get finished before our little guy arrives. Good luck to you both! Sorry for the rant;)

Beth

Mabster
01-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I registered back in August or September. I received a HUGE booklet of coupons - I don't remember if they were in the registration packet or if I got them in the mail. It was sweet. I gave them to my Mom to hold onto in case anyone came to her looking to buy stuff off of my registry. After my shower I asked her for the coupon book so I can fill in what I didn't get, and she told me "Oh, I must have thrown it away, I don't have it anymore." !!!!!!! Grrrrr..... It was nice - coupons for seemingly EVERYTHING. I was not pleased.

In any case, I just got a small coupon book in the mail the other day. Nothing like the nice big one I received. It's called "Nursery Times 0-3 months". I was due on 12/30 so I'm assuming they timed it to arrive when baby does (which in my case, baby has not... grr!!). There are a few articles on stuff, and some coupons for OshKosh Clothing, Miniwear Layette, Monitors, a Travel swing or Bouncer, and diapers. The funniest one was an insert with a 20% KRU coupon - these must have been printed up way before they were set to go out of business.

There is also a little insert that you can fill out with all sorts of personal info to "receive special mailings suring your baby's first years and as baby grows..." Maybe that's what you have to do to keep the coupons rolling? Dunno.

aliceinwonderland
01-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Almost same excact story here...It is SO Frustrating. My SIL registered AFTER I did, and has received at least one coupon book.

Try calling the 800 number and DEMAND that big coupon book they are due to send the first week of February (it's like the previous poster described, coupons for everything, and they send it out only twice a year). I know I will be calling there soon!!!

eri and baby boy due April :)

junieblee
01-10-2004, 01:25 PM
I too registered ages ago and am approaching my feb due date! Could one of you please post the 800# so I can add to the din? Maybe as more people call to complain they will realize they have a problem somewhere.

tiaz
01-10-2004, 11:28 PM
I left my coupon book in the cart at BRU, UGH! I would have loved to help someone out with any coupons in it as I only used 1. It was a small book with only about 4-6 coupons in it. It had one for $5 off when you spent $25.00 or more, it had coupons for I think a carseat or travel system, diapers, carters clothes and I think their brand of diapers.

I think I received my BIG coupon book about 4 to 5 months before I was due.

I sure hope you all get the big coupon books because I saved a TON of money using those coupons.

Hugs & Belly rubs to all the Mommy's to be!

Tia & Skylar (8 months)

mcades
01-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Do they tend to include decent convertible seat coupons? I'm in the market for a Britax, so a 20% off or something of the like would be far more useful than $5-$10 off (though any little bit helps!)

Michelle

votre_ami03
01-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Sorry you are so frustrated mom's. Have you tried asking at the front desk? I did that once & they had some. They keep those coupons we leave behind in our carts. ;)

I don't think I have any of use left, but I will gladly check.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

missym
01-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancies, ladies! When I was pregnant, I had the same problems getting on their mailing list. I was registered there, but it took 2 tries to actually start getting the mailings. The second time I called, they had already sent the large coupon book out, I never got one, and they claimed to be out of them. Pregnancy hormones kicked in and I let 'em have it. In addition to 2 coupon books, I got an extra $5 off coupon!

BRU usually sends out a couple of big coupon books a year, one in the spring and one in the fall. They also send out smaller books corresponding to the age of your child for the first year (?).

Here is the automated system information:
Simply call 1-800-869-7787 and press option 2 for any one of our "R" Us stores. Once you have selected any one of the "R" Us Stores press option 3 for our automated system. Our automated system will be able to walk you through the process.

I think you can use that same toll free number to talk to a CSR. Good luck! It's a pain but the coupons are way worth it.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

lrg
01-23-2004, 11:24 PM
I've been getting the BRU and TRU coupons thus far (baby is 9.5 months old already), but haven't received the big Feb one yet. From what I'm reading here, it sounds like they've already gone out? I tried sending an email to BRU's "contact us" section and after I fill out the whole thing and submit, I get an error message! I tried about 4 times and 4 error messages. I tried to send a complaint to them last year about something and the same thing happened, so I was FUMING after that experience.

BTW, TRU coupons are good at BRU stores and are easier to get b/c TRU keeps a stack of them at their customer service desk. (so you can end up with multiple sets) And when they put out coupons, it's a TON of them, too.

After spending $200 a few weeks ago on all of our childproofing supplies, I decided to hold off on the rest of the big stuff we needed until the coupons came out. However, we desperately need another gate and waiting on these coupons is getting old!

Also, to the poster who is looking for a coupon to buy the Marathon - I saw a post here for a web site carrying it for $199. Babyage.com also sells it for $209, I believe, and like $3.50 shipping or something close to that.

jsj201
01-26-2004, 01:22 PM
I also got this automated number, after calling a BRU store:
1-888-222-9787. It allows you to sign up for the mailing list through automated voice responses. It did say it would take 8 weeks to be added though. :-(

junieblee
01-26-2004, 11:06 PM
I was at BRU this weekend and the people working there said they thought the big coupon book would be out in "mid-February." Vague, I know. I'm not holding my breath but you just know that as soon as we give in and buy all the stuff we need because we can't wait any longer, that darn thing will arrive in the mail!

brubeck
01-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Okay there are 2 different types of coupon books. The first is the small booklet that you get every 3 months or so because you registered. That is the one that's supposed to come 8 to 12 weeks after you register.

The other book is the 'Big Book' which is the large coupon book that comes out a few times a year in conjunction with the Baby sale. The next Big Book is supposed to come out within the next couple of weeks.

I just talked to BRU and they said that they can't send me a Big Book until they are printed but once they are they can send me one. Of course whenever I call up they always tell me thay are out of Big Books.

So what am I going to do? Call EVERY DAY and ask if they are out yet. I think it's the only way!

Momof3Labs
01-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I've never seen a big BRU coupon like that for a car seat. There are much better deals on Britax seats online - the car seat forum has a few threads about them.

momtob2003
01-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Just got off the phone w/ CS @ BRU where I asked to speak to a supervisor - took a good 20 minutes of being on hold. According to her the Big Book goes out Feb.2 and apparently if you've received any kind of coupon book in the past (I received the Fall Big Book but nothing since), the next mailing depends on your actual shopping pattern.

HTH-
Kashfi.
Mommy to Quiet Austin 11/24/03

aliceinwonderland
01-28-2004, 07:23 PM
They tell me you get the big coupon book NO MATTER WHAT your shopping pattern AS LONG as you are registered there...Ugh.

momtob2003
01-28-2004, 08:41 PM
The Supervisor I spoke to said that they have changed their "system" since earlier in the summer when I called the CS 800# and asked them to put me on their mailing list. Then I did receive the Fall Big Book even though I was never registered at BRU. However, no, nothing, nada since then although it seems like I am buying something evry other week whereas before I got on the list in the summer I barely bought a thing there.

I really don't think they know what they are doing...the Super said "Wait a few days after Feb 2 and it you don't receive one, call us back." For what, who knows , since she also said they don't have any to send out from the CS Dept even as an exception. I am plannng to buy DS's crib, etc. in the spring, so this is aggravating! Ugh!!

Kashfi.

votre_ami03
01-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I was wondering about the tracking thing. Normally, when I shop there, they ask for your phone #. I a just assumed they track your purchases.

votre_ami03
01-29-2004, 10:24 AM
I received a flyer for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more, a coupon for diapers & I think there was one more. They expire at the end of this month.

aliceinwonderland
01-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I got one, but they don't expire at the end of the month...It seems to be related to my due date (per my registry there). Let's see, it had a diaper coupon or two, one 5 off 25 or more, some Koala baby coupons, and I think that's it...

They REALLY don't know what the heck they're talking about. The guy that told me "you get the big book no matter what if you are registered with us" was a corporate guy and this was little over a month ago...I will be very very pissed if I don't get that book, becuase TRUST me, we need EVERYTHINg from there (boppy, mobile, mattres, swing, bouncy, etc). Ugh.

momtob2003
01-29-2004, 12:29 PM
At my BRU they don't always ask for the phone number....

So what's new? We could move this entire thread to the "Witching" Board, or whatever it's called and deservedly so! LOL

Kashfi

mominjune
01-30-2004, 01:29 AM
I actually went to BRU to register today so that I can HOPEFULLY get the coupon book everyone's been talking about. I also tried to use the coupon I got in the flyer to buy a shower present for a friend but didn't notice the start date of the coupon until the clerk pointed it out!

The coupons on my flyer are:
1) $5 off $25
2) Free BRU Rollershade with any purchase
3) $5 off any Huggies or Pampers Value Pack box of Diapers (includes Swaddlers and Cruisers)- if anyone would like this coupon I'd be happy to send it to them as I won't be needing diapers for a while.

nehamamtani
01-30-2004, 11:07 AM
I just spoke with BRU at that 888-222-9787 number, and asked why I have not received anything in the mail since registering online 2 months ago. She advised me to pick up the folder in the store, which I had already done. She said you have to be on the mailing list to get coupons in the mail. I had to ask her to put me on it, and then she told me I should get something in 8-12 weeks. I wish I knew this 8-12 weeks ago! I suggest you try this if you have registered but have not confirmed you are on the mailing list. Don't know if this gets you the book, but it has to be closer than before. You would think that they would have streamlined this in with the whole registry process online.

urquie
01-30-2004, 02:36 PM
i just spoke with bru costumer service and was told that starting around feb 2nd or feb 4th we should be able to go to their website and download the coupons/catalog. the lady said there would be a link up around then that would say something like "save over $200 at the big baby sale" and maybe there would be a picute of a baby... i hope she's right:)

brittone2
02-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Uggggh. I just called today to see if I'd get the big book in time, to find out YET AGAIN that I'm STILL not on the mailing list. I've been registered there for months, never got a coupon. I mentioned something in the store once, they gave me the 888# to call, and I called and put my name on the list w/ the automated system. No coupons as of 6 or 8 weeks later. Emailed them to ask why I hadn't gotten any coupons...they said...whoops, you aren't on our mailing list (why then can I SEE my address on the online registry? I realize that is with amazon too but come on already!). THey tell me in the email I've been added to the list, but that it will still take 6-8 weeks. Guess what? I call today to see if I made it on time to get the big book, and I'm STILL not on the list. Are you kidding?? No record of my address. I almost flipped. I told they guy on the phone I realize it isn't his fault but I've spent probably over 1000 bucks already at the store, plus all the $$ others have spent on my registry, etc. and I have yet to get a single coupon!! He told me I should get the book within 2 -3 days (which I don't buy since they always say 6-8 weeks to me every other time). I told him if it isn't here by the end of the week I'll be calling back. I'm going to flip out because I need to go to the store today. My baby is due in 3 weeks and they haven't given me a single dime in savings at this place. Ridiculous. I'm so amazed that their customer service is absolutely horrible. I told him I know i'm not the only one who has had similar problems, but after 3 requests to be on the list, what else am I supposed to do? These people are crazy! SOrry for the rant!! So don't count your chickens that you are on the list even if you *think* you are.

Beth

aliceinwonderland
02-02-2004, 02:13 PM
UGHHH...Similar thing happened to me. IT IS SO frustrating!! All I can suggest is to call the coporate number and explain this to them...I think they're more receptive.

lines
02-03-2004, 03:02 PM
I just called babies r us at 1-888-222-9787 and spoke with someone in guest relations. I asked about the Big Book and was told that there is a mailing list (separate from their regular mailing list) for the Big Book. Apparently, this is only available after the Big Book came out. So I gave them my name and address to be put on this mailing list and was told to expect the Big Book within 10 days (I don't know if thats 10 business days or not).

Of course, this was different than the information I received last week when I called but ,hopefully, this will work.

I was also told that you cannot access the in-store coupons in the Big Book online. (which was again different than what I was last week)

eb1
02-03-2004, 05:25 PM
I tried calling after reading your message and got one customer service rep who said that it takes 8-12 weeks to get mailings, but she said she'd transfer me to someone who could expedite that if any books were "left" after the initial mailing. But the person I was transferred to insisted it would take 8-12 weeks and there was no way to speed this up; I told her I'm going to finish all my major shopping in the next four weeks and getting the mailings later wouldn't help me. She kept repeating it would take 8-12 weeks, so finally I explained I'd do my shopping elsewhere since I need to get it done. (Babies R Us is an hour's drive for me, so I need some incentive to drive up there, and saving $$ works!! I explained this to her, but she didn't care.)

She told me I could pick up the coupons in the store. Has anyone tried this? Is the coupon book available in the store itself?

I don't see ANY advantage to the online sale, because it looks like those coupon codes will only cover the cost of shipping for each item.

lines
02-03-2004, 07:07 PM
See, that is what they told me last week (which I explained to them today) but they insisted that there is a separate mailing list for the Big Book for BRU and that it would arrive within 10 days. After speaking with the rep., I asked to speak with the supervisor. Her name was Jennifer and she insisted that what the rep had told me was accurate (even though I kept telling her what I was told last week). She said that this mailing list had only become available after the Big Book became available. I got her name and assured her that if I didn't receive the book in 10 days, I would be calling back! So I don't know what else to say!

eb1
02-03-2004, 07:42 PM
They are so frustrating!!

When I spoke with rep # 2 (the one who was supposed to help me get the book faster), I explained that I did recently sign up for the mailing list through the automatic phone system. I guess to quiet me, she said she would help and asked for my address. I was hopeful, thinking she was going to expedite this coupon book after all, but then after taking my info she said, "Ok, so you will receive mailings in 8-12 weeks." So she apparently signed me up for the regular mailing list a second time, which was unnecessary and nonsensical.

Another weird thing...when I signed up for the mailing list the first time, through the automatic phone system, I left a long message about how I wanted to receive the "BIG" coupon book. Within a week, I received a copy of the old catalog in a manila envelope. So SOMEONE processed my request quickly (no, it wasn't the coupons, but...) so I know it's possible. All this makes me more annoyed with the reps I talked with today!

Do all the coupons in the Big Book expire at the end of this month?

bonbon98
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
If you don't get the BRU coupon book, another option is to go to TRU since they're having they're Baby Sale also. They have the instore coupons available when you walk in. Depending on your BRU, you can use the TRU coupons there. I've never had a problem using TRU coupons at BRU - just give the coupons to the cashier and act like you know what you're doing!!

HTH somewhat!

Bonny
Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02

sc
02-04-2004, 01:13 AM
>
>She told me I could pick up the coupons in the store. Has
>anyone tried this? Is the coupon book available in the store
>itself?

I went to my local store (Brea, CA) today & requested the big coupon book. The unfriendly CS told me it's not available in the store.

amykate
02-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I was told in a BRU last week to check with a Toys R US store for the coupon book. I'll try today.

amykate
02-04-2004, 02:51 PM
As far as I can tell, the website "The Big Baby Sale" info. is for the web only.

"Promotional codes must be redeemed through our Web site, www.amazon.com/baby or www.babiesrus.com, toward the purchase of the baby products specified in the offer. Promotional codes are not valid for payment in Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops. Special offers may not be redeemed using 1-Click® ordering. "

Now that said, I believe the deals online are the same deals in the coupon book (they show a picture of the book on the website). But, I don't see anywhere to download the coupons for store use. Anyone find it?