PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bargains Swap group on Yahoo

SASM
01-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to post the address ~ just in case new posters do not know about it. :) CDs, diaper bags, strollers, everything is on here to sell, trade, or search for. I THINK that the restrictions for joining are a minimum of 50 posts and 60 days on the boards. :)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

mominjune
01-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Just to confirm, you are correct about the restrictions. I tried to join the group after reading about it in another post, but was rejected. x( Oops. Didn't know about the restrictions beore I tried. Oh well, I'll try it again later when I meet the requirements. Another good reason to not just lurk but post also. :)

Below is the letter I received back from the moderator.
"This group is for known members (those who have been members for 60
days and have made 50 posts or more) of the Baby Bargains board to swap
baby products. To become a member of the Baby Bargains board, please
visit http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?conf=DCConfID1

If you'd like to sell cloth diapers, we recommend the DiaperSwap e-mail
list on Yahoogroups. For the sale or trade of strollers, we recommend
the StrollerSWAP e-mail list on Yahoogroups.

If you are a member of the Baby Bargains board but do not yet have the
minimum requirements for membership in this group, we urge you to
re-submit when you do meet them."

joannect
01-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I also received the same email. I didn't know about the restrictions before I applied either. I can see why they do it though. We'll just have to wait :)

Joanne

mrs h
01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
I have to wait too :) Soon we will all be there.

Lynnie
01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
same here... and i was quite bummed - i didn't know about the restrictions, and couldn't believe i got rejected from a swap board !

well, at least this will count as one post. perhaps we rejects should just keep posting back and forth right here until we hit the requisite 50 posts.... (although, i would feel like a spammer, and it really would be going against the intent of the restrictions....)

thanks for the person (i have forgotten already who started this thread) who put the site up, i just discovered it hidden somewhere else, and it was hard to find.

Jennamax
01-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks for this link. I didn't know about the swap group, but will definitely join once I meet the requirements!

Mabster
01-19-2004, 05:46 PM
i'D LOVE TO JOIN TOO!

This will bring me one post closer...

mspacman
01-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Can I directly email the moderator and ask to join? My Yahoo email is different from my user name on here.
Thanks!

mominjune
01-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Yes, I just emailed the moderator directly from that link (click on "join this group" & sign in with your yahoo ID) I was later asked my babybargains user name so they could check the # of posts and how long I'd been a member (unfortunately not many enough or long enough, but this will count as one more post :)). I also use a different email address from my yahoo one for this board, and that was fine.

urquie
01-21-2004, 03:40 PM
me too

mcades
01-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Ditto!

I requested to join & was contacted to get my password, then I wrote back with a question about waiving the # of posts. Haven't heard back yet!

Bethann31
01-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Several months ago I fell into the same situation, and I was as upset. Here, I thought I always wrote salient, thoughtful responses to the threads I had knowledge about, and didn't do the "me toos" and I was rejected from the swap. I felt like the "cool kids" didn't want me in their group. To be honest, I still don't particularly care for the policy, but as I said then, "it's not my sandbox, and I don't make the rules." Please don't just waste your posts, find threads that interest you and let us know what you think. I am a been there done that mom, since I have a teen, a pre-teen, a nine year old and an infant, and if you have any questions, ask them.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 9) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

mominma
01-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Is this board similar to the flea market in Parents Place?

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

jerseygirl
01-29-2004, 02:22 AM
this is a similar group that doesn't have any restrictions. it just started last month i beleive as an offshoot of the strollerSWAP

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BabyGearSWAP

Maritess

mominjune
01-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks, I just joined. Sounds interesting.

Tequillacowgirl
01-30-2004, 03:18 PM
What is the reason for the post and time limits? Does any one know?