PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog Learning shopping cart on clearance at Target

heidi_timms
01-10-2004, 01:57 AM
The leapfrog play and learn shopping cart that scans with the play food is on clearance at Target. The regular price was $44 and it was marked down to $22.44! This is the cheapest that I've ever seen them. I bought one last year for my niece on clearance at Walmart for $25.

Happy Shopping!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

brigmaman
01-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I wanted this for ds for x-mas, but $44 was too much, and I had already bought too many toys! I hope our Target has them!

mattiew
01-10-2004, 01:29 PM
You must have a GREAT Target; I called 7 stores and none of them had it. Oh well - thanks for the tip!!

zen_bliss
01-11-2004, 05:02 AM
7 stores! wow, the departments usually don't even answer the phone at the ones around here :) i bet they didn't crawl around the clearance area for you though.... it would most likely have been moved out of the 'official' LL shelf to a different clearance area. from experience, i found (and confirmed by talking to the managers) that targets even in the same city/region can have different prices and markdowns. today i went to 2 targets within a few miles of each other looking for the leapstart learning table posted here. the first one only had a few scattered things on clearance at the ends of toy aisles, and the table was full price ($39.99). the second target (in a less glossy part of town) had 3 full rows devoted to clearance stuff and was packed with goodies-- little people airport, little people filling station, leapstart cartridges, leapstart shopping cart, lots of parents & lamaze & FP stuff too (i had to exert major restraint) -- my spidey sense tingled and i found the one learning table on the bottom shelf waaay in the back (happy dance, $19.94). i am certain that had i called they would have said no, none here. if you happen to be going by a target, it might be worth a pop in to look around...

heidi_timms
01-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Just wondering, but have you tried scanning the item in those self-scanners? I'm not certain about the regional pricing, but I found that items are sometimes not marked but scan. Someone here posted about a step and play piano for $22 marked down from $89 and I found a display model and scanned it at my local Target. Sure enough it was $22! They wouldn't let me buy the display model for some reason, but I decided that I didn't have room for it anyways. Our target had 2-3 aisles of clearance toys. Definitely worth checking out because I'm sure your local target didn't really check the clearance shelves carefully for you!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

tarheelmom
01-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Heidi - just wanted to thank you for posting this - I got one of the last 2 at my Target for ds. I hope he likes it - it's not Thomas the Tank Engine so it's questionable!! You are like my personal source for good baby stuff apparently...first the bedding, now this! Keep on shopping and sharing! :-)

Carmen
Mom to Ryan 8/07/01
and Seth 10/10/03