PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com

papal
01-29-2004, 07:16 PM
I was reading Alan and Denise's article in the free BabyTalk magazine that comes in the mail and they had a good tip on getting certificates at restaurant.com
Basically you can get a $25 gift cert for $10 (or cheaper if you buy on ebay) at different restaurants in your city. Its a good deal especially if you KNOW you are going to be going to specific place and you dont mind using a certificate (i told my sister and she was AGHAST, but she is a new york snob. :)

heidi_timms
01-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I have used these! They work great and you get them instantly when you purchase them on ebay. You print them with your printer.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Jen in Chicago
01-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I was addicted to this! Watch the restrictions, I bought a few not realizing they are for parties of 4. Great deals when you bid on things via E-Bay.

nehamamtani
01-30-2004, 11:17 AM
At the bottom of the restaurant.com homepage, you should see an e-bay link. Instead of paying $10 for the certificate, you can bid in the auctions there for as low as $1! They charge a $1 fee, but not bad. So, then, a $25 certificate can come out as low as $2.00. We have done this alot, and we got over our snobbish ways. They even link you to the restuarant, with pictures and menus (with prices) usually. You cannot ask for much more in a deal. I just wanted to give more details for anyone that is considering this...it works out great.