PDA

View Full Version : Did ANYONE get the BRU Big Coupon Book yet?

mcades
02-05-2004, 11:01 PM
I read the other long thread on the angst of getting onto the BRU mailing lists - not trying to start another thread on that headache. Please post if/when anyone actually receives the Big Book of coupons and, for my curiousity, what part of the country you live in.

Still awaiting mine...
Michelle
Northern VA

wreckgirl1
02-06-2004, 12:27 AM
I assume you mean the big BRU catalog with all the coupons in the middle. I live in the DC suburbs (Maryland side) and I got mine yesterday. The coupons in it expire 2/29.

Cynthia

caleymama
02-06-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm in upstate NY and got mine yesterday (2/5).

Jacksonvol
02-06-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm in Middle TN and got mine 2/5.

aliceinwonderland
02-06-2004, 11:00 AM
I live in MA and received mine 2 days ago.

slecompte
02-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I know, I didn't get mine and a neighbor did---ugh!! I called their 1800# and that was a waste of time....

n2ou
02-06-2004, 05:05 PM
I received mine in Norman, Oklahoma.

By the way, this might help everybody.

Toys 'R' us is having the same sale. They have the coupon books out in the store. If you spend $75 you get a free umbrella stroller. Since the coupons are the same, I think the stroller deal is better.

BRU also honors the TRU coupon, if you'd rather shop at BRU, but they do not honor the free stroller, BRU definitely has more baby stuff to choose from.

Simone

Dyonia
02-07-2004, 05:25 AM
I recieved my booklet today -- Phoenix, AZ.

If anyone needs coupons, I'm only using about 1/3 of them.

Up for grabs are the following:

[li] Save $20 on ANY Medela Breast Pump $179 and over
[li] $16.99 ANY especially for baby Value Boc of Diapers
[li] $8.99 ANY Huggies or Pampers 400 ct. box of wipes
[li] $6.99 ANY especially for baby 400 ct. box of wipes
[li] Save $25 on ANY Crib/Mattress Combo (Excludes Portable Cribs, Portable Crib Mattresses, Cradles, and Special Orders)
[li] Save $25 on ANY Wood Case Piece (excludes Special Orders)
[li] Save $20 on ANY Glider or Ottoman (Excludes Special Orders)
[li] Save $10 on ANY Car Seat over $40
[li] GONE!
[li] GONE!
[li]Save $8 on ANY Toddler Bed
[li]Save $5 on ANY Mobile Walker or Stationary Entertainer
[li] Save $5 on ANY Carrier $24.99 and over
[li] Save 15% on ANY Bedding Set $100 or more
[li] Save 10% on ANY Carters Bedding Item
[li] Save 10% on ANY Koala Baby Bedding Item
[li] Buy 3 get a 4th FREE on ANY Diaper Genie Refill
[li] one Neat! Refill FREE with purchase of a Neat! Diaper Disposal System
[li] GONE!
[li] $6.99 ANY pack of Gerber Onesies
[li] Save $5 on Leapfrog Learning Gym or LeapStart Table
[li] Save 10% on Fisher-Price Linkadoos Musical Play Garden
[li] FREE Linkadoos Cell Phone Case with any Fisher-Price purchase of $20 or more

If you want any of these, just post a reply or email me -- I haven't figured out the PM thing yet.

HTH someone!
--Donna

mcades
02-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Donna,
Thanks for the offer - I started this thread & I'm still cautiously optimistic that mine might come in the mail soon...
However, I'd love the 2 stroller coupons & the buy 2 get 1 coupon as well.
Why don't you email me off-line & I'll pass along my address. Thank you!
Michelle
[email protected]

Dyonia
02-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Michelle --

I just sent you an email :)

--Donna

Kimberly H
02-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Didn't get mine and I'm registered there - I live in Myrtle Beach, SC

lrg
02-09-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm in Atlanta, GA and didn't get mine, either. But my mom got a small booklet with a $5 off $25 or more coupon. (along with 2 others that I think were for diapers) I only added her to the mailing list about 2 weeks ago and that coupon arrived within a week. I, however, didn't receive it.

I called cust service, which was a waste of time for me, as well. Their customer service is horrible.

I've been waiting for them b/c I need to purchase more safety stuff, a swing gate being the bigger item. Anyone know if there are coupons in there good for safety supplies?

amykate
02-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I was able to pick up the Baby coupon book at Toys R Us. Most of the deals look to be the same as listed on the internet for BRU.com, so I'd assume they were the same as in a BRU coupon book. Someone on this board said she's had no issues using the TRU coupons at BRU. I haven't tried yet myself, as I'm not ready to purchase some of the items.

czollmann
02-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I just used some of the coupons at BRU from the book I picked up at TRU with no problems at all. Most of them are the same. My TRU has them sitting by the entrance when you walk in.

brittone2
02-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Much to my surprise mine finally came Saturday after 3 attempts to get my name on the mailing list:)

I live in PA

Beth

missym
02-09-2004, 07:19 PM
If you really need the BRU book, I'd suggest ebay. Several sellers have them at reasonable prices. (Technically, you're not paying for the coupons, but rather the seller's time and effort to collect and send them to you.)

I just searched ebay for "babies coupons" and found at least 5 of the complete books.

I never got mine (thank you again BRU), but I think the TRU coupons will work for me.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

slecompte
02-11-2004, 10:56 AM
From what I have seen, it onlt appears that those who have registered like within the past so many months have gotten them. I did last Jan and got the books last year, but now nothing. All of my friends that recently registered did--and if you think about it, it does make sense(not to us of course, but to them) because a majority of the coupons are for those just starting, getting furn, etc. I wanted it for baby-proofing and there is zero on it--that stinks!!! And their 800# is useless!

Sheila

hellokitty1
02-11-2004, 12:04 PM
See this post:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=1631&mesg_id=1631&page=

lrg
02-11-2004, 12:07 PM
I still haven't received anything either, not even the $5 booklet. I called the store I shop in and spoke to the manager and here's what he said...

When they ask for your phone #, they use it to collect data on who shops there. For coupon mailings, the more people that shop there from your zip code, the more likely you are to receive the coupons. Since this is the only store close to where I live, I can't believe my zip code has been left out of the mailing, but it appears to be the case since none of my neighbors I've asked have received the coupons!!! One friend, who lives just north of me in a diff zip, DID get the $5 mailer.

Anyway, the manager at the store said he didnt' even get the coupon book in the mail, but he did get the $5 coupon. He also told me that if I want to come in and look at the one copy they have of the book, I can, and then when I check out, I can tell the cashier that I wish to use whichever coupons apply and can do so without having them. He did say that the ones from TRU and BRU are different from each other. Not sure how different.

hinhin
02-12-2004, 03:07 PM
bear123bbear sold the complete coupon book for $3 on ebay. It is great.

hellokitty1
02-12-2004, 11:40 PM
I offered in another post to mail it to BBB members. No need to try to make money off of it. That doesn' seem like a nice thing to do.

melissacroke
02-13-2004, 12:52 PM
What is the phone number for the BRU customer service?
Thanks-
Melissa

deborah_r
02-13-2004, 02:14 PM
just found this post. I received mine about a week ago.

nehamamtani
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
The phone number is 888-222-9787.