PDA

View Full Version : Does registering with BRU help you get coupons?

hellosmiletoday
03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
I registered with BRU online about mid-February (I thought it would be easier than doing it at the store). I have received no coupons or anything from them in the mail.

When I went the local store closest to us to finish our registry, they treated me "different" than if I would have registered in the store...i.e. they would not give me the "folder/welcome package" or registry cards. I called BRU.com and they said this was their "policy" for online registries, and to print out the registry cards with my printer from their website. Yeah right! Needless to say, I now go to another BRU that is 45 min away.

Anyway, I was wondering if registering at the store enables you to get "snail mail" coupons...I'm considering canceling my registry and starting over...I wish there was another national baby store chain near me!!!!

momma_boo
03-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I got tons of coupons initially but my name was not spelled right, so I doubt it was b/c of the BRU registry. The funny thing is that I always got two sets of coupons/formula checks with two different variations of my name.
One thing I remembered is that they took my name and address when I bought stuff at a maternity clothing store (motherhood maternity?), I wouldn't be surprised if they sell that info to the companies.

Momof3Labs
03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, Motherhood sells names and addresses to formula companies and other baby-related (and non-baby-related) direct mail companies. How can I tell? There are three different variations of my name out there, and all show up in my mailbox every now and then.

Momof3Labs
03-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Yes, Motherhood sells names and addresses to formula companies and other baby-related (and non-baby-related) direct mail companies. How can I tell? There are three different variations of my name out there, and all show up in my mailbox every now and then.