PDA

View Full Version : Cereal on sale at Krogers

wookiewoo
10-02-2004, 12:36 AM
***ETA*** This does work, but it does expire this weekend. Hope some of you get in on this deal for free cereal!

I found this posted on another message board and checked my local Kroger ad. Kellogg's cereal is definately on sale 2/$5 (or 4/$10) and there is an add for $6 coupon off your current order when you purchase 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal. According to these people, when you buy the first 4 boxes it should go like this:

4 boxes = $10 - $6 immediately off = $4 for 4 boxes! Then you will get a register coupon for an ADDITIONAL $4 off your next order (good for anything in store) and so if you buy another 4 boxes with that, it should be FREE!

I'm going to go try this in the morning... I'll let you all know how it ends up working out. I hope this posts makes some sense below is how the other poster explained the deal.

HTH
Heather

<<<...
- the deal is (4) large boxes of select Kellogg's cereal for a posted price of $10
- after ringing up the four boxes and using your credit card, a $6 credit appears on your order
- after paying the remaining $4 for the four boxes of cereal (no tax in MI), a coupon is printed for a $4 off your next shopping order and this coupon is good for any item in the store (expires on October 13th).
- I have simple taken the $4 coupon and applied this to my next set of four boxes. The cashiers seem puzzled when my order totals zero but have not received any hassles.

They are giving away free cereal...better act quick since the supply will not last very long!
>>>

pritchettzoo
10-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Thank you for posting this!

Also, on the back of Cracklin' Oat Bran is a coupon for a $50 U.S. Savings bond if you buy 10 boxes of cereal. I think DH figured out that it wound up being about $8 or $9 to get 10 boxes of cereal and the bond. Woohoo!

Anna

houseof3boys
10-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I went to do this yesterday and the shelves were empty of all the "good" cereal. :(