PDA

View Full Version : books

ktmce
10-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for where (on-line) to by board books for cheap? I am trying to build a libary and they start getting so expensive to get all the ones I want!
Thanks!
Katie
mother of Grace Elaine 7 months old

brubeck
10-08-2004, 07:06 PM
This isn't online. but I found the cheapest board books at the outlet mall. There was a bookstore there with tons of board books from $1 to $3 each. I got some great ones.

heidi_timms
10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
This is not on board books, but weekly reader usually has some sort of deal. It used to be 20 books for $20 and now it's 15 books for $25-still a good deal IMO! I buy board books at Marshall's and Ross.

ETA: Oops forgot the link!

http://www.weeklyreader.com/ecstore/Expand.asp?ProductCode=WRB120

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

hwin708
10-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Ebay!!!

Momof3Labs
10-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Marshall's and TJ Maxx have good prices - usually 25-33% off of the cover price. And garage sales/consignment sales are great places for board books!

Dyonia
10-09-2004, 03:10 AM
Try BookCloseouts.com:

Board books: http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/show_books_genre.asp?genre=Children+Board

Cloth and Bath books: http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/show_books_genre.asp?genre=Children+Bath

Picture books: http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/show_books_genre.asp?genre=Children+Picture

Get $5 off purchases of $35+ with Coupon Number: tuchman and Coupon Password: bookcloseouts expires December 1, 2004

If you're a member of eBates, supposedly you can get an eBate too.

ETA: I just ordered $35 worth of books (13 books!), took the coupon off, and shipping is $4.05 and a handling fee of $1 == for a grand total of $35.93 -- that averages out to $2.76 per book!

skadair
10-09-2004, 11:01 AM
whatever you do, don't join the Children's BOMC!! I have had a bad experience with them and the books (plus shipping) are expensive.
I am trying to fulfill my commitment so I can get out, and it is tricky!!

leanng
10-09-2004, 01:19 PM
I have been a member of Children's BOMC for two years now and have never had anything but positive experiences with them.

LeAnn
Mom to Alex 11/12/02

Corie
10-09-2004, 05:01 PM
This isn't an online store but I buy tons of books at Half Price Books. I'm not sure if they have stores in your area but if they do, then you should definitely check it out.
If you do have Half Price Books in your area, make sure you sign up online for emails and sign up in one of the stores to be on the mailing list. They will occasionally send out coupons and have sales.
Corie

RobbysMama
10-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I have had great luck at "Tuesday Morning" ,having gotten many board books for $1-3 - which is good since DS likes to chew off the corners! Also Costco has good deals periodically.

Nicole
Robby 12-20-03

lisams
10-09-2004, 07:27 PM
I've never ordered from here, but have heard good things about http://www.kidsurplus.com/books.html

Not online but some excellent places to look (and you don't have to pay for shipping!):
Marshals, Ross, TJMax
Chindren's Consignment stores/Goodwill
Tuesday Morning

I also just sent in a request for Scholastic book orders (the kind kids get at school), they had one for todder ages. When I was teaching you earned points and could get free books, so I want to buy DD books through it and use the points I earn. We'll see how it goes!

I have a weakness for books!
Lisa

Corie
10-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Lisa,
I also have a weakness for books!!

I have started collecting books for my daughter who is almost 3 and my second baby who isn't even born yet. (C-section is on October 21st) But my obsession is the young adult age-range.

I remember back to when I was in late elementary school and all through junior high and I was a total bookworm. (My husband calls me a nerd.) Oh well, if the shoe fits.

But those are the books that I remember the best. So, I actually sent out an email to all my good friends asking them for the names of their favorite childhood/young adult books. I have created a favorite book list and I am gradually collecting books from what I can remember and books from the list.

My good friend, Julie was lucky enough to have her mom save all her young adult books and she went through all the books and emailed me the titles of her favorites. (She is an avid reader as well.)

I am having so much fun going to Half Price Books and scouring the shelves looking for these great books!!

Corie

brubeck
10-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I am with you! I have a TON of my childhood books! Some of them are for younger kids but I have a BIG stack of Sweet Valley Highs, Enid Blyton books, Choose Your Own Adventure, Little House on the Prarie, etc. I just used to love these and couldn't imagine giveing them away! And now they are there for my DD to read.

lisams
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
I loved the Sweet Valley High and Babysitter's Club! I had the whole entire collection. I need to see if my mom still has them, I remember going through an entire book in two days! I also loved the Judy Blume books, I could so relate to them during Jr. High!

This brings back so many memories!

Lisa