PDA

View Full Version : My Publisher is not honoring their 20/20 rewards codes!

zozobug
11-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I am so furious! I have 11 emails from My Publisher saying that I received a 20/20 referral award. I tried to purchase a book this last Friday, 10/29, and their system said invalid coupon code. I called their office, it was closed. I left them a voice mail message and an email message.

They called back today, 11/1, saying that the referral codes expired and that they are honoring a 25% discount instead! This man did nothing to help me. I told him I've spent $200 with their company, referred at least 11 people to them and now they are not honoring their reward program!? I asked for a supervisor and he said there were none avail on the floor. He said to try back tomorrow!

He says they emailed all their customers stating that the referral codes would be expiring in October. Did anyone receive this email he's talking about? Has anyone else been locked out of using their referral codes?

I'm mad and needed to vent....
~Kris

Thatchermom
11-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I don't know if this is my problem as well yet or not - I spent 15 hours over the weekend trying to upload books before the free shipping was done and never could get it to send. I am so disappointed! They have been so great in the past. I also did not receive any email about the codes expiring. Keep us posted!

chlobo
11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
I referred several people and *NEVER* received an email saying they were changing their referral program. And the emails with the referral credits have *NO* expiration date. This is total bullcr*ap.

Maybe if we flood them with angry emails.

I too spent a ton of time this weekend trying to upload. Luckily I finally got it to work but it was only for the softcover book. I still wanted to order a hardcover.

missym
11-01-2004, 08:39 PM
We only received one 20/20 coupon from our referrals, but we definitely did not receive any email about expirations. We used our $20 coupon last evening with no problems other than the site being ridiculously slow and grumpy (overloaded, I'm sure).

I would report them to the Better Business Bureau for not honoring their commitment to you as a customer. The referral email said nothing about any expiration, and I suspect you won't find anyone who received communications from them stating otherwise.

We wondered all along how they would stay in business with this model, but they should honor the codes they issued and just stop issuing new ones.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
19 months and counting!

ErinMC
11-01-2004, 10:53 PM
I received 2 20/20 coupons through referrals, and used one of them last week without a problem. I didn't receive any email about expirations, either. I'll definitely be sending them an email about it in the morning.

HannaAddict
11-02-2004, 02:00 AM
I have not received ANY email regarding any "expiration" of the codes. They have a contract with us, the people that referred tons of others to their business. Call me litigious, but I would seriously consider a class action suit with all my "free time" now that I am home. What a ripoff. But first I will also flood them with angry email and phone calls!

newmommy0403
11-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I came on here to b*tch about the same thing! I have 3 emails w/ referrals and when I tried to use one it said Invalid Code. I AM SO FURIOUS!!! I spent HOURS making these books! I even came into work on the weekend b/c my home computer was too slow! I seriously am going to contact the Better Business Bureau. I does not say ANYWHERE that the codes expire and it appears NO ONE got an email saying they were going to expire. Any lawyers out there know if we have a case????

chlobo
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
maybe if we flood them with emails & calls they will do the right thing.

Maybe point out that the press loves to publish stories about things like this and it would be very bad publicity. Maybe write the press department.