PDA

View Full Version : Overstock.com - deals?

geochick
11-10-2004, 01:50 PM
What bargains (baby and other) have you found at Overstock.com? I plan to buy the Laurie Berkner CD, but I am overwhelmed by all the other choices. It would take days to look through everything. Thanks for your help.

Momof3Labs
11-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Primarily books and music. Everything else is quite hit or miss since their stock rolls over so fast.

hellosmiletoday
11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
They have a good selection of books. One note of caution though. Overstock has a bad return policy. I received a book which had two of the pages stuck together and when I tore them apart the pg was damaged. Overstock would not send replacement. The book is not that bad, but I'm not ordering from them again b/c of my fear that the CD/Book/video might be more badly damaged. From now own I am sticking with Amazon or other sites that have good return policy.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

brittone2
11-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I got a Yakima Beetle running stroller for $80 based on a tip here a while back. We've been very happy with it.

I have also had success with books, although the above post does make me think a bit more about future orders if the return policy is bad.

I got a series of Discovery Channel DVDs ("The Blue Planet" ones) for quite a savings last Christmas. DH wanted them and I almost just ordered from the Discovery Channel website, and decided at the last minute to check overstock. I was amazed they had them, and they were a LOT cheaper there.

Jen841
11-11-2004, 08:29 AM
We also got our jog stroller here.

Maybe I misunderstood, but don't they have a relationship to get things via Amazon but cheaper?

I have ordered books and CD's from here.

My only gripe is they don't have a nice way of sending gifts (gift note, wrapping,...)

tippy
11-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Sheets! I got 600 thread count egyptian cotton king size sheets for 100.00. They are awesome.

kelly ann
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Ditto about their return policy. I received a package from them for DS that was sent by my uncle. He order European size 24 pants instead of 24m/2t - it was for an adult. Anyway, I had to pay to send them back (which is expected), but they do not do any exchanges and there was a $5 restocking fee!

Anyway, I would never recommend them if you want to send a gift to someone. If something is wrong, the recipient can only return the item and as the gift giver you are still needing to give them another gift, KWIM?

ETA: Also, they never indicate who the gift came from so you end up playing detective with family/friends - total PITA!

babyready
11-12-2004, 09:54 PM
We got our crib set from overstock.com. It was a couple of years ago, but I still love it! The only problem was it didn't end up fitting the crib we bought that well. Oh well. It was only $50 for the comforter, sheets, skirt and bumper.