PDA

View Full Version : Upromise, Littlegrad? Anyone actually saving more than a few bucks?

swan01
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
I joined Upromise 9 months ago and have saved about $18 bucks. This is including any $1 codes that came across this board. Does anyone actually save a lot of money? Do you go out of your way to shop at certain stores or eat in certain restaurants to help contribute to the account? I have asked my parents to join, but they are hestitant to give away their credit card info online.

I also just joined Littlegrad.com based on a Money Magazine article. Does anyone use them instead of Upromise?

TIA!

swan01
I joined Upromise 9 months ago and have saved about $18 bucks. This is including any $1 codes that came across this board. Does anyone actually save a lot of money? Do you go out of your way to shop at certain stores or eat in certain restaurants to help contribute to the account? I have asked my parents to join, but they are hestitant to give away their credit card info online.

I also just joined Littlegrad.com based on a Money Magazine article. Does anyone use them instead of Upromise?

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

swan01

TIA!

JTsMom
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
We joined a while back- maybe 2.5 years ago (?) and are up to about $100. That should fund college, right? ;) I keep meaning to take the money out to put into DS's 529 so it will grow, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The majority of it came from restaurants. We didn't purposely pick them, but it worked out well. Also, I DO purposely buy Huggies at the grocery store. They are a little less than at Target most of the time, and I get somewhere around .85 a box.

Maybe you can get your parents to at least sign up their grocery cards- every little bit helps. Never heard of littlegrad.com

JTsMom
We joined a while back- maybe 2.5 years ago (?) and are up to about $100. That should fund college, right? ;) I keep meaning to take the money out to put into DS's 529 so it will grow, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

The majority of it came from restaurants. We didn't purposely pick them, but it worked out well. Also, I DO purposely buy Huggies at the grocery store. They are a little less than at Target most of the time, and I get somewhere around .85 a box.

Maybe you can get your parents to at least sign up their grocery cards- every little bit helps. Never heard of littlegrad.com

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

JTsMom

floridamommy
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi. I joined Upromise in late 2004 and we have $384 in the account. However, the bulk of that comes from the fact that I got a Upromise Mastercard where a portion of every dollar spent with the card goes into the account, no matter what or where I buy. I think if it was just based on what I spent with my grocery cards it would be a lot less. I have not heard of the Littlegrad account, but would be curious to know if anyone else had any experiences with it. Heather

floridamommy
Hi. I joined Upromise in late 2004 and we have $384 in the account. However, the bulk of that comes from the fact that I got a Upromise Mastercard where a portion of every dollar spent with the card goes into the account, no matter what or where I buy. I think if it was just based on what I spent with my grocery cards it would be a lot less. I have not heard of the Littlegrad account, but would be curious to know if anyone else had any experiences with it. Heather

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

floridamommy

cric
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Yep, we use the credit card a lot too. We joined in 2001, I think, before we even got married. Or, maybe just after? Anyway, we have almost $550 earned, $230 of that from the credit card. The rest is mainly from online purchases.

cric
Yep, we use the credit card a lot too. We joined in 2001, I think, before we even got married. Or, maybe just after? Anyway, we have almost $550 earned, $230 of that from the credit card. The rest is mainly from online purchases.

cric

cric

cric

cric

cric

cric

cric

cric

elliput
06-01-2006, 09:16 PM
We signed up for Upromise just about two years ago and have roughly $100 in the account. We did make a point to buy gas at the Mobil station until the price really went up, we make household purchases at BedBath&Beyond with 20% coupons whenever we can and then get 1% for using the registered card, and if we are looking at an online purchase we try to go through the Upromise site unless there is a better deal elsewhere. Our grocery cards are registered also.

Haven't heard of Littlegrad.com before.

elliput
We signed up for Upromise just about two years ago and have roughly $100 in the account. We did make a point to buy gas at the Mobil station until the price really went up, we make household purchases at BedBath&Beyond with 20% coupons whenever we can and then get 1% for using the registered card, and if we are looking at an online purchase we try to go through the Upromise site unless there is a better deal elsewhere. Our grocery cards are registered also.

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

elliput

newnana
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
None of the grocery stores around here do membership cards. So none of our purchases there get us anything back. Any idea how I can convince them to do this? Especially now that Missouri has switched there 529 plan account managers from TIAA-CREF to Upromise. Any advice would be appreciated!
Michelle

newnana
None of the grocery stores around here do membership cards. So none of our purchases there get us anything back. Any idea how I can convince them to do this? Especially now that Missouri has switched there 529 plan account managers from TIAA-CREF to Upromise. Any advice would be appreciated!
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

stillplayswithbarbies
06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
If you pay for the groceries on a registered credit card, won't you get the Upromise rebate that way even though there is no grocery card?

stillplayswithbarbies
If you pay for the groceries on a registered credit card, won't you get the Upromise rebate that way even though there is no grocery card?

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

stillplayswithbarbies

newnana
06-02-2006, 07:59 PM
that's what I had hoped, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Also, on the website it asks you to register your grocery card to be able to get grocery savings. Since I can't find a way to register a grocery card/store that doesn't exist, I am not getting any grocery savings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks,
Michelle

newnana
that's what I had hoped, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Also, on the website it asks you to register your grocery card to be able to get grocery savings. Since I can't find a way to register a grocery card/store that doesn't exist, I am not getting any grocery savings. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks,
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle

newnana
Michelle