PDA

View Full Version : Barclay Blocks prices reduced

darby24
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
most solid maple kits are 30% off (instead of 20%) and most seconds kits are 35% off (instead of 30%)

Only Infant and Baby kits are the same 20% off and 25% off (although I meant to post this 2 weeks ago and I swear they were cheaper). Beginner, Base, Intermediate, Advanced and Family are all at the lower 30% and 35% off.

From having watched the prices since last June, I'm pretty positive this is the first drop in price.

My blocks are in the mail, they were shipped the same day I bought them. Great communication, can't wait to get them and give more of a review.

http://www.barclaywoods.com/home.htm

darby24
most solid maple kits are 30% off (instead of 20%) and most seconds kits are 35% off (instead of 30%)

Only Infant and Baby kits are the same 20% off and 25% off (although I meant to post this 2 weeks ago and I swear they were cheaper). Beginner, Base, Intermediate, Advanced and Family are all at the lower 30% and 35% off.

From having watched the prices since last June, I'm pretty positive this is the first drop in price.

My blocks are in the mail, they were shipped the same day I bought them. Great communication, can't wait to get them and give more of a review.

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

alexanderg
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
There isn't much mystery about our prices. They tend to hit bottom around Memorial day and stay low for most of June and perhaps some of July. Then, the discounts gradually get smaller as we approach Christmas time, ending up about 20% higher than the summer nadir during the first few weeks of December. This can also be affected by the price of lumber - and these changes can be sudden, though not usually large. Sometimes, too, we make minor adjustments in shipping prices, though we try to keep these as exact as possible relative to the weight. Trouble is that this year UPS has been raising prices generally as the price of fuel has increased.
This year, we expect to add a line of Beech Blocks from Bulgaria which we hope will be an improvement over our imported Birch Blocks from China. We will also be adding school-pacs which are sets of blocks heavily weighted toward the simplest shapes.
People interested in the duration of our sales and when we anticipate raising or lowering prices may find it easiest to call us. We don't always know the exact answer, but it beats fretting about it or basing a buying decision on concern that they will jump. We never change prices by more than about 5% and if customers call us right away -we'll usually give you the old price anyway.

alexanderg
There isn't much mystery about our prices. They tend to hit bottom around Memorial day and stay low for most of June and perhaps some of July. Then, the discounts gradually get smaller as we approach Christmas time, ending up about 20% higher than the summer nadir during the first few weeks of December. This can also be affected by the price of lumber - and these changes can be sudden, though not usually large. Sometimes, too, we make minor adjustments in shipping prices, though we try to keep these as exact as possible relative to the weight. Trouble is that this year UPS has been raising prices generally as the price of fuel has increased.
This year, we expect to add a line of Beech Blocks from Bulgaria which we hope will be an improvement over our imported Birch Blocks from China. We will also be adding school-pacs which are sets of blocks heavily weighted toward the simplest shapes.
People interested in the duration of our sales and when we anticipate raising or lowering prices may find it easiest to call us. We don't always know the exact answer, but it beats fretting about it or basing a buying decision on concern that they will jump. We never change prices by more than about 5% and if customers call us right away -we'll usually give you the old price anyway.

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

alexanderg

mudder17
06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Ah, that's good to know! Actually, I already have two sets of your blocks, so I won't be getting anymore for a little while at least. But my DD definitely enjoys stacking and building with them. I'm guessing when she's older, we'll actually see more elaborate things from her, but it's fun to watch her take joy and pride in building something that looks "cool". :)

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 27 months...
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya will be a sister, ~11/14/06!

mudder17
Ah, that's good to know! Actually, I already have two sets of your blocks, so I won't be getting anymore for a little while at least. But my DD definitely enjoys stacking and building with them. I'm guessing when she's older, we'll actually see more elaborate things from her, but it's fun to watch her take joy and pride in building something that looks "cool". :)

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

mudder17

Eileen

darby24
06-05-2006, 10:41 PM
What can I say, my nephew is lucky to have a birthday in June! :-)

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24

darby24