PDA

View Full Version : Discounts for Best Buy or Home Depot?

Smiling
06-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Our 12-year-old dryer just died - any discount coupons out there for Best Buy or Home Depot? We are eyeing one of those nice, front-loading LG machines but they are so pricey for a bargain-hunter like me. :(

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling
Our 12-year-old dryer just died - any discount coupons out there for Best Buy or Home Depot? We are eyeing one of those nice, front-loading LG machines but they are so pricey for a bargain-hunter like me. :(

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

Smiling

Thank you!!!

~ smi*ling

BargainMomforLuke
06-04-2006, 12:30 PM
We have a front-loader and as far as I know, no stores accept % off coupons for these items.

BargainMomforLuke
We have a front-loader and as far as I know, no stores accept % off coupons for these items.

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

BargainMomforLuke

justlearning
06-04-2006, 02:12 PM
You can usually buy a 10% Home Depot coupon off of ebay for not much money. People get those coupons when they move. When we moved, we used our coupon when buying a Maytag refrigerator, and it worked fine on that at Home Depot.

justlearning
You can usually buy a 10% Home Depot coupon off of ebay for not much money. People get those coupons when they move. When we moved, we used our coupon when buying a Maytag refrigerator, and it worked fine on that at Home Depot.

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

justlearning

jgiovagn
06-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Beware buying coupons off of eBay...I actually made that same suggestion in a similar thread a month or two ago. When I followed my own advice, Home Depot wouldn't accept the coupon, saying that they had been told by corporate headquarters that there was a scam going on with people selling fake coupons on eBay (I didn't tell them where I got it). I tried it at Lowe's too -- they accept competitors coupons -- and they also rejected it saying they had been warned by Home Depot that there was no promotion going on (this was a 20% off coupon I tried).

That said, I agree that the 10% coupons are real; I remember getting one when I moved. I would check with your local store first if getting one from eBay. And make sure it has an expiration date.

Jean

jgiovagn
Beware buying coupons off of eBay...I actually made that same suggestion in a similar thread a month or two ago. When I followed my own advice, Home Depot wouldn't accept the coupon, saying that they had been told by corporate headquarters that there was a scam going on with people selling fake coupons on eBay (I didn't tell them where I got it). I tried it at Lowe's too -- they accept competitors coupons -- and they also rejected it saying they had been warned by Home Depot that there was no promotion going on (this was a 20% off coupon I tried).

That said, I agree that the 10% coupons are real; I remember getting one when I moved. I would check with your local store first if getting one from eBay. And make sure it has an expiration date.

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

jgiovagn

Jean

Smiling
06-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks so much, everyone, for your input and advice. It's so helpful to have a community like this especially when we're in a crunch. I'll call Home Depot and ask if the 20% or 10% coupon will work for the LG washer and dryer we're coveting. :)

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to clean clothes! And a laundry basket that no longer resembles Mt. Everest. :)

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling
Thanks so much, everyone, for your input and advice. It's so helpful to have a community like this especially when we're in a crunch. I'll call Home Depot and ask if the 20% or 10% coupon will work for the LG washer and dryer we're coveting. :)

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to clean clothes! And a laundry basket that no longer resembles Mt. Everest. :)

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling

Gratefully,
Smi*ling

Smiling
06-07-2006, 12:45 AM
WAHOO! DH found a site that helped troubleshoot the problem with our non-functioning Whirlpool dryer. With the help of the site, he figured out that we needed a new thermal fuse ($10) and hose ($20) which we got and voila!... said busted dryer now works!!

Quite a bargain when we were about to fork out $700 for a new dryer!

So for future washer/dryer meltdowns, check out this site for possible ideas before you buy a new w/d.
http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/dryer_repair.htm -- contains pictures and steps to guide you with your trouble-shooting. You don't have to buy parts through them, just get it from your local hardware store. HTH!

Smiling
WAHOO! DH found a site that helped troubleshoot the problem with our non-functioning Whirlpool dryer. With the help of the site, he figured out that we needed a new thermal fuse ($10) and hose ($20) which we got and voila!... said busted dryer now works!!

So for future washer/dryer meltdowns, check out this site for possible ideas before you buy a new w/d.
http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/dryer_repair.htm -- contains pictures and steps to guide you with your trouble-shooting. You don't have to buy parts through them, just get it from your local hardware store. HTH!

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

blastomom
06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
You can often get 10% off at BB on high-end items just by asking for it. Ask to speak to the appliance floor manager and see if he will cut you a deal. Also, Costco/Sam's sometimes carry the LG washer/dryers. We saw them there about 6months after we bought ours (on sale) at BB and we still would have saved money going through the priceclub.

BTW, IMO, it's actually the frontloading washer that is the star. We decided to spend the $$$ on that and go with a cheaper (just over 1/3 of the cost of the LG) dryer because the benefits of the LG dryer didn't seem that great. The washer is significantly better than any top loader we saw and it spins out so much water that it makes any old dryer look great.

blastomom
You can often get 10% off at BB on high-end items just by asking for it. Ask to speak to the appliance floor manager and see if he will cut you a deal. Also, Costco/Sam's sometimes carry the LG washer/dryers. We saw them there about 6months after we bought ours (on sale) at BB and we still would have saved money going through the priceclub.

BTW, IMO, it's actually the frontloading washer that is the star. We decided to spend the $$$ on that and go with a cheaper (just over 1/3 of the cost of the LG) dryer because the benefits of the LG dryer didn't seem that great. The washer is significantly better than any top loader we saw and it spins out so much water that it makes any old dryer look great.

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

blastomom

Smiling
06-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the helpful feedback, Jennifer. I'd been wondering over whether to get both LG W/D or just invest in one... so your feedback is perfect. Good to know for the next time our dryer goes *kaput!*

Smiling
Thanks for the helpful feedback, Jennifer. I'd been wondering over whether to get both LG W/D or just invest in one... so your feedback is perfect. Good to know for the next time our dryer goes *kaput!*

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

Smiling

emschwar
06-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Just a general appliance tip - search around for the best price and look for price matching offers at other stores.

We had to get a new dishwasher over thanksgiving. Found the one we liked, almost $700, but Lowe's had it on sale for $450 or something. Sears matched the price and knocked off another 10% AND they were running a deal for free delivery and installation at the time. We ended up getting the model we wanted for less than what the cheaper model would have cost with installation (the free delivery and installation deal was only on the more expensive model).

emschwar
Just a general appliance tip - search around for the best price and look for price matching offers at other stores.

We had to get a new dishwasher over thanksgiving. Found the one we liked, almost $700, but Lowe's had it on sale for $450 or something. Sears matched the price and knocked off another 10% AND they were running a deal for free delivery and installation at the time. We ended up getting the model we wanted for less than what the cheaper model would have cost with installation (the free delivery and installation deal was only on the more expensive model).

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar