PDA

View Full Version : Update - the best deal on Keen Venice H2!!!!

anamika
06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Whoohoo! I'm so excited. I just scored Keens for $69.
I went to REI, tried these on and fell in love. However they didn't have it in my color and the procedure for getting it in my color/size was a bit long. So I came home and did some surfing for the best deal. Zappos had my size and color for $100.95. But I searched mysimon.com and found that Eastern mountain sports had it for $90. When I added it to my cart, the price automatically went down to $72 (EMS has a 20% off sale going on - no code reqd.). Immediately called Zappos (they're my kind of biz - open 24 hrs.) and got them to price match - sent the price down to $69. I had also mentioned to the sales rep earlier that EMS is in my area and I can do a pick-up anytime. So he went ahead and upgraded my shipping to a 2-day shipment at no extra charge. Love Zappos CS!
================================================== ================

Where are people buying the Keens, Danskos, Tevas etc?
I'm so ready to buy some good walking sandals but of course, true to the BBB code, I also want the best deal.
Are there any B&M stores which carry all 3 lines so I can just try them and pick one? I'm open to buying online also - I think I have my size figured out.
I've read all the previous threads about this and my head is spinning.
Thanks for any help,

anamika
I went to REI, tried these on and fell in love. However they didn't have it in my color and the procedure for getting it in my color/size was a bit long. So I came home and did some surfing for the best deal. Zappos had my size and color for $100.95. But I searched mysimon.com and found that Eastern mountain sports had it for $90. When I added it to my cart, the price automatically went down to $72 (EMS has a 20% off sale going on - no code reqd.). Immediately called Zappos (they're my kind of biz - open 24 hrs.) and got them to price match - sent the price down to $69. I had also mentioned to the sales rep earlier that EMS is in my area and I can do a pick-up anytime. So he went ahead and upgraded my shipping to a 2-day shipment at no extra charge. Love Zappos CS!

I'm so ready to buy some good walking sandals but of course, true to the BBB code, I also want the best deal.
Are there any B&M stores which carry all 3 lines so I can just try them and pick one? I'm open to buying online also - I think I have my size figured out.
Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

anamika

Thanks for any help,

emschwar
06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Zappos.com sells Danskos (I just got a pair), and they'll price match 110%. So find a place that sells them cheaper, then call and they'll give you 110% of the difference. They're still expensive, but every little bit helps!

emschwar
Zappos.com sells Danskos (I just got a pair), and they'll price match 110%. So find a place that sells them cheaper, then call and they'll give you 110% of the difference. They're still expensive, but every little bit helps!

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

emschwar

Momof3Labs
06-29-2006, 12:49 PM
shoebuy.com has a 20% off code through 7/4, plus a 10% rebate if you go through fatwallet.com. shoes.com is another site to check!

Momof3Labs
shoebuy.com has a 20% off code through 7/4, plus a 10% rebate if you go through fatwallet.com. shoes.com is another site to check!

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

Momof3Labs

anamika
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
I just found out there's an REI close by so I will try them. If I can't find anything, then I will use the online stores. Thanks for the suggestions.

anamika
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
I just found out there's an REI close by so I will try them. If I can't find anything, then I will use the online stores. Thanks for the suggestions.

c914
06-30-2006, 11:07 PM
did you try www.sierratradingpost.com ?

Can't be too picky about the selection, sizes, but their prices can't be beat.

c914
06-30-2006, 11:07 PM
did you try www.sierratradingpost.com ?

Can't be too picky about the selection, sizes, but their prices can't be beat.

nupe
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Which color did you get? Did the size you chose match your usual size? Are they a wide or narrow fit? They look cool!

Nupe

nupe
07-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Which color did you get? Did the size you chose match your usual size? Are they a wide or narrow fit? They look cool!

Nupe

anamika
07-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Nupe,
I wanted black (I know - boring) and I had to go *up* 1/2 size which I think is usually the case with Keen. I think they mention that on the Zappos site under customer comments (or maybe it's some other site). My feet are narrow so not sure about wide feet. The design looks there would be some flexibility on the width. Or try calling Zappos. I was happy with their CS.
They felt really comfortable when I tried them on.
HTH,

SammyeGail
07-05-2006, 11:37 PM
I do not own any Keens, but have tried them on, they fit fine and I have narrow feet. I was seriously thinking about getting a pair but found a good sale on Chacos and got myself another pair in a different style.

I'm new here, so I hope its ok for me to jump on in!!

Samantha
Mom to Noah and Jonas - 7 month old twins

anamika
07-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi Samantha,
Please feel free to jump in anytime! Glad you found a good deal.
The salesperson at REI said Chacos were great for long walks too (which is what I do) but the BBB moms had steered me towards Keen (and it's a li'l scary how much I rely on their collective wisdom) so I had my heart set on one. I just got back from a long walk in them and I'm so happy with them.

nupe
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks to both of you for info on Keens and Chaccos. Sounds like I should try them on before I buy. I tried a couple Keens quickly a few days ago--and I fit different sizes in different styles. Nupe

SammyeGail
07-06-2006, 11:31 PM
What I liked about the Chacos were the adjustable straps, it does take a few wears to get used to the feel of them. They are just so popular where we live. If anyone is thinking about getting some, think about getting the ones with the toe loop. (you have to see them to know what I mean) They feel funny at first, but it has saved me from having many stubbed toes!!

I would love love love to get a pair of Keens, and I will one day, but the new Chacos were about $50 and DH was in a good mood, LOL!!

Samantha

firsttimemommy
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I tried on some privos and loved them. They are often at the clark outlet for $50, but lately not in my size :(

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."