The item # is 685136.

mommysammi
06-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Not sure if it's a good trike but here's a link to what I'm talking about:

http://babyride.stores.yahoo.net/1255934.html

The item # is 685136.

Oregonmother
06-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I just saw this model in Cookie Magazine. It looks cool, but I know nothing about the quality.

Oregonmother
I just saw this model in Cookie Magazine. It looks cool, but I know nothing about the quality.

Oregonmother

mommysammi
06-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Why was it in Cookie Magazine? I read the reviews on Amazon.com and most were good reviews. All had the same problem regarding the bolts and axles but were easily replaced at a local hardware store. Besides that though, I haven't found any other info.

mommysammi
06-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Why was it in Cookie Magazine? I read the reviews on Amazon.com and most were good reviews. All had the same problem regarding the bolts and axles but were easily replaced at a local hardware store. Besides that though, I haven't found any other info.

Oregonmother
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Cookie Magazine is for parents, and they we're reviewing several trikes. They said assembly was difficult, but they said that about the kettler's too.

Oregonmother
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Cookie Magazine is for parents, and they we're reviewing several trikes. They said assembly was difficult, but they said that about the kettler's too.

jennyjohn99
07-01-2006, 06:45 PM
We have Winnie the Pooh versions of these that we bought 2 for $30 (I really think that was a price mistake by the cashier, I think they were suppose to be $30 for each, we did not pay any attention at the time, kids were screaming) at one of our military exchanges. We had a problem with the bolts on the tires but the company sent me new ones for no charge. The shade works so, so, it would have to be bigger to really shade the kids. But, for what I paid for them, they are excellent, and we have been super happy with them, after we fixed the tire bolts. The twins love them. You can lot the steering for pushing, which I do, but my hubby lets my son turn it as he is pushing him, (basically they are going all over the sidewalk!). When you are pushing it, it is hard to turn with the wheel locked, you have to do a wheelie to turn.

It is a good buy b/c it grows with them.

jennyjohn99
07-01-2006, 06:45 PM
We have Winnie the Pooh versions of these that we bought 2 for $30 (I really think that was a price mistake by the cashier, I think they were suppose to be $30 for each, we did not pay any attention at the time, kids were screaming) at one of our military exchanges. We had a problem with the bolts on the tires but the company sent me new ones for no charge. The shade works so, so, it would have to be bigger to really shade the kids. But, for what I paid for them, they are excellent, and we have been super happy with them, after we fixed the tire bolts. The twins love them. You can lot the steering for pushing, which I do, but my hubby lets my son turn it as he is pushing him, (basically they are going all over the sidewalk!). When you are pushing it, it is hard to turn with the wheel locked, you have to do a wheelie to turn.

It is a good buy b/c it grows with them.

Canna
07-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the tip! We bought one of these at Costco over the weekend after seeing it here. So far, we are satisfied with it, especially for the price.

As suggested by the Amazon reviews, DH did go right out and bought bolts with nuts to screw on for holding the back wheels. (For some reason, this product is designed with straight metal poles and little end caps that hammer on - not easy to do! - rather than real nuts and bolts to hold on the rear wheels.)

The other minor issue that we have with the trike is that when the steering is locked, the front wheel is not completely straight and veers slightly to the right. However, when the steering is not locked, it is actually quite easy to steer the trike. It is easier to maneuver in general with the steering lock off.